Sign in to follow this  
northern basser

curado 50e updates?

Just wondering if someone who has used the new 50e for a while  could offer their comments.  I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one.

I bought one last week, took it out yesterday for the first time and really like it.  For some reason it took me a few casts to really get it down but once you get it dialed it seems like a great little reel.

If you are gonna get on take a look around ebay...I got mine at a great discount

I've been using two of them for about six weeks and I can't seem to put them down.  One I use for small cranks and jerkbaits spooled up with 10lb fluoroclear.  The other I have been using for everything from weightless plastic, texas rigs, shakyheads, and finesse jigs.

I love the small size of these reels, and casting light lures is no problem. 

I've used mine extensively for about a month now. I basically threw everything on mine from jigs and soft plastics to crankbaits, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits and swimbaits and everything in between. It's a great reel, don't let the smaller line capacity fool you. I fished this reel with a variety of line from 8lb yo-zuri hybrid to 65lb power pro braid for flipping and pitching. It's really good, casts a little better than the 200E7 which was my favorite curado. You can cast lighter lures, lowest I went was a 1/8oz rapala countdown lure. Only downside to the reel is the diridium drag. I HATE IT! The E7 has the better drag hands down while the 50E's drag doesn't feel smooth at all. You can pull out line but not as smooth as on the E7 reel. Anyways if you get it for around $150 then it's a great deal on an awesome reel. Plus the palming is excellent especially when paired with a cumara rod.  Well hope this helps you