Sign in to follow this  
ChiCityBasser

Legend Tournament LTBC70MM Cranker

I was in Cabelas looking over some rods and came across the Legend Tournament Bass small cranker rod. It felt pretty good and looking to use it with shallow to medium divers upto about 8-10' since I'm fishing from the shore mostly with a rare occasion to fish from a boat.

I would love to hear opinions from those on the board using the rod and there reel and line choices for use with the rod.

Seems the bait monkey is getting a early start for next year

Dude pull the trigger the legend ckankin stick id awesome. On my last trip to Cabela's, I felt that was the next rod on my list to get.

I picked up a legend tournament walleye spinning rod TWS70MHM  deep cranker this spring. Its a full cork handle instead of split-grip handle. It's medium heavy power moderate action. Same price as the one your looking at except slightly heavier power. I use it for cranks & jerk baits and it has performed flawlessly on lake erie smallies this year. I spool it up with 10lb suffix performance braid on a 2500 series spinning reel. Since your wanting a bait caster look at he LTBC70MHM big cranker before you pull the trigger on the small cranker. It will still handle the smaller stuff but give you more flexibility on the bigger stuff & will handle that trophy bass when you hookup.

I picked up a legend tournament walleye spinning rod TWS70MHM deep cranker this spring. Its a full cork handle instead of split-grip handle. It's medium heavy power moderate action. Same price as the one your looking at except slightly heavier power. I use it for cranks & jerk baits and it has performed flawlessly on lake erie smallies this year. I spool it up with 10lb suffix performance braid on a 2500 series spinning reel. Since your wanting a bait caster look at he LTBC70MHM big cranker before you pull the trigger on the small cranker. It will still handle the smaller stuff but give you more flexibility on the bigger stuff & will handle that trophy bass when you hookup.

Thanks for the information and the walleye spinning rod sounds like it might be worth a look as well.