Sign in to follow this  
kwr73

Help me make up my mind.

I currently use a Shimano Clarus spinning rod and I thought about upgrading to the Crucial. What I want to know is: will I really be able to tell the difference? Is there that much of an increase in sensitivity between a $60 and $150 rod?

x5

Big difference.  Crucials are a fantastic rod for the money.  I've got a bunch of them and haven't had a complaint.  Shimano just needs to finally put an open ended hook keeper on their rods.

I don't have a Shimano rod in my quiver, but I can tell you with absolute confidence the difference from $60 to $150 is big.

As one who has both, the answer is yes. This doesn't mean that the Clarus is lousy, because it isn't.  It is definitely sufficient.  If the clarus is a slice of pumpkin pie, then the crucial is that with some whip cream, a triple ripple dipple mocha and a beautiful hooters waitress standing by with a napkin to wipe your mouth clear of crumbs.

As one who has both, the answer is yes. This doesn't mean that the Clarus is lousy, because it isn't. It is definitely sufficient. If the clarus is a slice of pumpkin pie, then the crucial is that with some whip cream, a triple ripple dipple mocha and a beautiful hooters waitress standing by with a napkin to wipe your mouth clear of crumbs.

Man, after that description, I'm gonna go buy one.  I'm just not sure my wife will let the hooter's girl in the house.   :(

Yes. If not you might want to find a new rod company. :(

This hit it on the head for sure lmao... Just like theres a big difference between a 20 and a 80 dollar rod theres a big difference between a 60 and a 150-160 dollar rod... problem is once you start fishing higher end sticks you WONT want to fish the lower end stuff anymore and the wallet will soon CRY BIG tears lol.

you should be able to tell a difference between a $60 and a $150 rod regardless of the company.

you should be able to tell a difference between a $60 and a $150 rod regardless of the company.

Thats what we are saying.. and if you cant then find a new one because you are getting ripped lol.

BUY THE CRUCIAL!

I got the 7 M/XF casting and couldn't be happier.