Sign in to follow this  
Bassfisherman94

Quantum Tour KVd

To cover all those I look at the 7 foot rods. For me I throw traps on the 7 10 launcher I like to make really long cast and the extra length helps rip the trap from the grass. For jerk baits i like a much shorter rod in the 6 foot 6 range.  You really cant go wrong with the KVD series of rods. I would love to have a few more of them in the quiver of rods

Man those things weigh a ton and are poorly balanced. My dad has the 7'10 launcher and likes it other then the weight and balance being so poor. he has a Daiwa Ringa on it.

If you have never handled one I would check one out before I spent my cash on one.

Plus even with super premium FC on it sensitivity is just ok at the very best. He fishes Seaguar Tatsu on it in 15# and thats some very sensitive line and has a hard time feeling vibrations from a Lucky craft LV100 but can feel a LV500 much better those are both pretty big Lipless baits and shouldnt have a problem feeling the 100 at all but its not just him I have tried it and have the same problem.

However I will say once a fish is stuck you dont loose many on that rod it keeps them pinned very well. and I will tell you that it will sling a 3/4oz bait a VERY long way, we have no trouble spooling that reel with 15-17# line on it.

Not trashing the rod just letting you know my dad and I opinion.

Man those things weigh a ton

I have handled them in BPS but never fished the rods and they felt pretty light to me but as I said never fished one.

I have handled them in BPS but never fished the rods and they felt pretty light to me but as I said never fished one.

I cant speak for them all Im talking about the 7'10MH crank bait rod. The shorter models are lighter im sure. This one tho is pretty heavy and like I said Balance is poor the rods very tip heavy with the Ringa on it but thats a pretty light reel weighing it at 7oz's so maybe a 8.0-9oz reel would help it from being so tip heavy. Its just not a rod I would want to fish all day lol.

I cant speak for them all Im talking about the 7'10MH crank bait rod. The shorter models are lighter im sure. This one tho is pretty heavy and like I said Balance is poor the rods very tip heavy with the Ringa on it but thats a pretty light reel weighing it at 7oz's so maybe a 8.0-9oz reel would help it from being so tip heavy. Its just not a rod I would want to fish all day lol.

Interesting. I've handled the 7'10" a couple times now, the only reason I don't have that one is it won't fit in my truck. LOL! I do have the 7'4" model and really like it. Doesn't seem heavy to me. It is a little tip heavy but that doesn't bother me since I'm deep crankin with it and I keep the rod tip low.

Interesting. I've handled the 7'10" a couple times now, the only reason I don't have that one is it won't fit in my truck. LOL! I do have the 7'4" model and really like it. Doesn't seem heavy to me. It is a little tip heavy but that doesn't bother me since I'm deep crankin with it and I keep the rod tip low.

Maybe its just me with the weight.. On the other hand I am used to fishing mostly very light rods. I have a lot of steez sticks and as you know they are light so im more then sure that has something to do with it.

Like I said im not trashing the rod by no means Just giving my opinion on it.

Maybe its just me with the weight.. On the other hand I am used to fishing mostly very light rods. I have a lot of steez sticks and as you know they are light so im more then sure that has something to do with it.

Like I said im not trashing the rod by no means Just giving my opinion on it.

That's fair. I will admit, I've used lower end rods in the past so part of it may be my past experiences as well. Doesn't help that I dabble with muskies from time to time. Chucking 3 and 4 ounce baits around can make just about any rod feel light as a feather.  ;D