Sign in to follow this  
SeanW

Abu Garcia Rods

For all you fans of the Vendetta and the Veritas, the new Verdict is on the way. You should see them in shops in the next 4-6 weeks. This is the rod with the adjustable handle. I believe they are in the $129 to $139 range.

Yeah, I been wondering about them

I have 3 Vendetta 6-6  Revo SX combo's that feel better than on a Veritas because the handle on the Veritas is to close to the end of the rod.

A lighter reel feel's better on the Veritas thou

If the Verdict is lighter I might look at them hard

one of the shops here had them before the veritas.  they were ok, the veritas felt better balanced since the adjustable handle throws it off some.  I don't care for the locking mechanism on any of the Abu rods, I find it highly uncomfortable, especially in colder months.

I dont know how they would have gotten any of them as the first order is on the ship heading to Abu Garcia now. Unless they sold all of their show stock, and I doubt that. Are you sure it had the adjustable butt?

Yeah, I been wondering about them

I have 3 Vendetta 6-6 Revo SX combo's that feel better than on a Veritas because the handle on the Veritas is to close to the end of the rod.

A lighter reel feel's better on the Veritas thou

If the Verdict is lighter I might look at them hard

The SX is the one Revo I have never owned. I am using STX's and the Premier. Both feel fine to me on the Veritas. Although I only tried it on one rod, it was the 7ft3 heavy model. My shortest bait caster in 7ft so I wont be trying any of the shorter rods. I did order 4 of the 6'9 in ML spinning rods though.

Awesome! I've been holding off on a 7'3'' veritas until I could put my hands on one of these. With the vengence-vendetta-veritas, abu has done a great job incrementally improving the rods at diffrent price points. The veritas feels amazing in hand, so my expectations are pretty high for this stick.

I really like the adjustable handle idea. I prefer a shorter handle for spinnerbaits and topwaters and a slightly longer handle for jigs, plastics and rattlebaits.

Ive been looking forward to the handle to. Sure gives ya more options with the same rod. I agree that Abu has been doing a great job with the rods and price points. The good news is they are not done. We will see some more some time later in 2011, like this time next year.

I dont know how they would have gotten any of them as the first order is on the ship heading to Abu Garcia now. Unless they sold all of their show stock, and I doubt that. Are you sure it had the adjustable butt?

I don't know but it was a Verdict....I can read you know :) .  The guy said he picked them up at a product show but this was before October.  It was right after the Veritas came out and he had two, a 6'6''M and 7'M.

Wow. They wouldnt sell em here. The shows had em just but just for display.