Sign in to follow this  
Blues19

Kentucky lake- first 5 days of June

Im going on vacation to Kentucky lake and lake Barkley the first few days of June.  My Uncle, cousin and I always compete for the most weight on our trip.  Fish in the same boat, so we fish the same areas.  We go in the morning and at Night.  I am not worried about night fishing, but Im a little worried about the day.  We start off fishing the bank, hoping for some bass up close, then move deep. I have some questions about Lure selection.  When were in close, do you think a Spro Bronzeye Frog would work?  Also, do you think a shakey head, small crankbait,  and senko would be good calls.  Then when moving deep, should I start off throwing a crankbait that gets to the bottom, or one htat doesnt get all the way down first?  Say were in 14 foot, should i be throwing a DD22 or DT14 or DT 16 or shold I start off throwing something that goes down about 11 or8?  I dont do much deep point fishing.  Also, should I try a big worm and Jig when fishing these deep points?  Any ideas or suggestions would be great.  Thanks!

Those big worms and jigs should work well for you in the deep water, as will the big deep diving cranks, I like DD22's or DT-16's. Don't count out a big spinnerbait either.

When shallow I have been having my best luck on rattle traps and small crankbaits as well as spinners and in line spinners. (Most of my fish this year, bass included, have come off rooster tails when bluegill fishing.)

Good luck and hope you enjoy your trip.