Sign in to follow this  
JF1

FLW in pittsburgh

Anyone going to the forrest wood cup in pittsburgh the last weekend in July?  Anyone working it?  I just got a call from a rep from flw asking me to give a hand, still have to call him back and see what he wants me to do.  Just curious if anyone else on here will be there.

My son and I are going to be there as a spectator on Saturday and on Sunday I might launch the boat up river in the morning and let my son watch as they all launch and hang out on the boat all day.

Joe

I was down at the freeport launch on tuesday , saw Iaconelli's Truck and trailer parked there. He must have been prefishing the upper locks.

I was going to head down, but it is unclear to me if they are going to have a set-up like they did for the Bassmasters.  I was hoping there would be a big outdoor show selling various items, but I keep seeing this "Family Fun Zone" with not much emphasis on items for sale.

I was down at the freeport launch on tuesday , saw Iaconelli's Truck and trailer parked there. He must have been prefishing the upper locks.

What time was that?  We dropped boat around 5 and I didnt't see it there. That would've been cool to see.

Our main launches we use are Freeport, Tarentum, and Kittanning

It was about 12:30 -1pm , I should have put the boat back in and looked for him. I didn't know if he was still in that area or jumped up or down a lock.  We usually use either freeport or tarentum , Im from just up the road in Saxonburg.

I know last week there were quite a few pros fishing those waters.  A guy from my club had takahiro omori staying at his house.  He made it out on the water with him for a couple days.  Tomorrow is the cut-off, after that the rivers are off-limits to the pros.

Alot of there were driving up through to lake champlain, thats where they are fishing now.  A few guys from my club have actually spent time on the water with them......that's knowledge that would be priceless right there!!