Sign in to follow this  
jackshanks

Cedar Creek Lake, KY

Has anyone fished this lake? I've heard they manage it to be a trophy bass lake. I was heading down there in mid April. Just wondered if anyone had fished this lake and had any insite to what stage of the pre-spawn/spawn the bass may be in. I live 3 hours north so I'd imagine the bass will spawn sooner in this lake than the ones I'm used to. Here in Cincinnati the bass don't tend to spawn until late May early June, and spawn through late July earlier August.

I'd appreciate any info you could give regarding the lake as well: Bottom composition, cover type's and ramp access.

Thanks.

Smallish lake at approx. 700 sq. acres. Most of the bottom is flooded farm/pasture land thus very fertile. Loading ramps are great, all 2 of them. TONS of structure from rip rap, road beds, traintracks, flats, and tons of standing timber particularly in the upper end of the lake.

The only knock I have is it can be very crowded, stay away on weekends if possible. Went there last year, my buddy caught a 20inch 4.5 lb. We caught many in the 13-16 range mostly on deep divers (July). Lake has an excellant rep for bass in the 6-7lb. range.

This lake is beautiful but the fishing from my experience was slow i threw a deep diver and got nothing and then i through a worm and still nothing and then i threw a chartouse top water popper and caught a boat load however this was in may but if u was to come down here in april your best bet would be to try minniows until you found the fish then you can take a jig and hand pick em i hope you enjoy your experience

I'm in Lexington, so I'm about 45 minutes away, but it remains my go-to water. So much to explore - submerged road bed, timber everywhere, really fun little lake w/ some consistently big fish. Either my second or third time on this lake I pulled a 3 and half pounder right next to the ramp just messing around. But like Kodiak said, weekends can be a pain. Take a day off if possible and get down here, bring a buddy and a camera.