Sign in to follow this  
bassnleo

Guntersville questions

To the Guntersville guys......

I have a decent idea what I plan fishing come the BR trip in March. I was wondering if there is anything I should definately plan having, that "don't leave home without it" bait(s).

From what I read, lipless cranks, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, jigs, lizards, may account for alot of action.

Anything else one should bring for late March?

You just reminded me that I haven't put together my research paper this year like I did last year. I'll get on it.

They say spinnerbaits and lipless cranks work well. I'm not sure of the spinnerbait color though.

Bring any of your favorite bedding baits.

Something we have learned on past trips, going to the large lakes.  many participants come from much smaller water, avg 200 acres.  Intimidation is big.  Pick an area and fish it like it was your lake at home, don't worry about the other 13,000 acres.  Just a suggestion.

But with that thought in mind, I say, bring the stuff you bring when you fish your home lake.  A bass is a bass.

You guys will most likely have fish in all 3 stages from pre-spawn to post spawn, bring baits to address each.

You might want to include a bag of Senkos, Fat Ika and Kreatures.   ::)

I've fished large waters before, was just wondering if there was one or 2 things that really work well on this lake. The more I read the more I realize that I will be able to fish any darn way I want! :)  It seems that late March finds fish in all stages of the spawn so the sky's the limit.

Dunno bout those Senkos, Ikas, Kreatures though..... ::)