Sign in to follow this  
Namistia

Bait and tackle shops in orlando area

Hi all, Im taking my nephew who is 3 fishing for the first time. I figured id get some shiners to hopefully keep him interested long enough to catch something, does anyone know of a good bait and tackle shop in the narcoossee area? Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum ;)

I used to live right around the corner from Narcoossee

on Goldenrod Road, Orlando (Gulfstream Harbor).

My favorite tackle shop in Orlando was "Al's Fishing Tackle" (Colonial + Goldenrod)

1718 N Goldenrod Rd Orlando, FL <> Phone: 407-380-6787

Roger

I think East Lake Fish Camp would be a lot closer to Narcosee the town.  or were you refering to Narcosee Rd.  

Bitter's Bait and Tackle along 17-92 just north of 434 in Longwood is one of the most popular tackle shops in the Orlando area.  They also have the greatest rod selection in town.  Better than any store I've seen including Bass Pro Shop, Gander Mountain, and every other tackle store.

Just thought I'd add that to a thread titled "Bait and tackle shops in Orlando area"

;)

Yeah i have been to bitters, but thats a little far to pick up a bucket of shinners. I live in the Lk. Nona area so Al's and the eastlake fish camp are probably about the same distance. Thanks for all the info!

Will you be fishing Lake Nona?  I know of a couple of spots on that lake, but I don't have access anymore.

No I live i North Lake Park at Lk. Nona, So the only access i have to lake Nona I have is the little green dock. I was just gonna bring my nephew to a few ponds around here. I have caught some pretty nice bass in the pond across from the YMCA in my neighborhood. I normally wade fish saltwater flats. But been getting back into bassing. So most the bait shops i know of are on the coasts.