Sign in to follow this  
TN basstracker

Good Friday was good!

I was off work Fri, so i hooked up and headed to Glenn Springs with the wife and son.  Fished from about 1 p.m. til dark and caught 12.  Here's a few pics.  I went back Sat. and caught 9, but the size went way down since that front passed through.  Water temps were about 55-57 degrees and I caught all these fish on a spring craw/yellowbelly Bandit 200 series crankbait in creek channels in 6-10 ft of water in the backs of coves where the fish usually spawn.  I was sitting in 3-5 ft of water and running the crankbait slow and steady, following the channel and nailin em.   Some of these pics had the same fish in it.  I had a 5.5 lber, a 4.25, and a 3.75 as my biggest and the rest were mostly slot fish that were anywhere from 14-16 inches and went about 2 lbs. a piece.  

Marchfish08015.jpg

Marchfish08016.jpg

Marchfish08002.jpg

awesome, thats good to hear because im going there in about 12 hour's, its the only lake i feel comfortable fishing with as windy as it will be tommorow...that and thats not just one big mudhole right now.

Gotta be my favrite lake by far. I've fished it probably 3-4 days a week for the last 3-4 years now. It was real windy last friday, also. The pic in my avatar is from Glenn Springs.  I've got several pics of 4-5 lbers that I caught last year out of GS.

Boy do I need to hook up with you sometime.  Ive been wanting to learn that lake since I found it late last summer. :)

Boy do I need to hook up with you sometime. Ive been wanting to learn that lake since I found it late last summer. :)

Just give me a holler.  I met one of the members on here named Skillet and took him out there and we nailed em.  If I remember correctly, we caught about 25 in an afternoon trip from about 3 p.m. til dark in May last year.

Was out there today for about 4 - 5 hour's in the afternoon and only caught one around 2lbs, on a Lipless crankbait on the grass flat at the end of the levee where the point comes out and a big row of tree's start.  Wind was KICKING, had the TM in 24 volt the entire trip :(

What are the crappie doing out there or do you even bother with them?

I talked to a guy Friday who said he could catch them by the dozens with no problem, but they had no size to them.

Was out there today for about 4 - 5 hour's in the afternoon and only caught one around 2lbs, on a Lipless crankbait on the grass flat at the end of the levee where the point comes out and a big row of tree's start. Wind was KICKING, had the TM in 24 volt the entire trip :(

That's my favorite place on the lake and where I spend 75% of my time. Even in the dead of summer.

I believe I'm gonna use me a vacation day tomorrow and fish ahead of this front.  Conditions are identical to the way they were last friday ahead of the front.