Sign in to follow this  
wems

What and Where to fish at Pickwick Lake?

Well i just bought a boat and am getting into fishing... ive gone fishing a lot but never really catch anything so.  What types of lures should I use out their? and where should I be fishing at? (on the lake part)  I'm a complete novice when it comes to fishing so please keep the terms easy and understandable... thanks :)

also ill mostly be around the yellowcreek area.

You will need a guide to show you around.

8-)

You will need a guide to show you around.

8-)

Huh?  

Theres plenty of places to fish man, I don't really have the time to sit here and tell you a bunch of spot's but I can muster up this simple advice.  Buy a map, check out some places you think may be worth fishing before you get out there.  Another good idea is just to get out on the lake and see where other people are fishing, that gives you some good places to check out next time you visit the lake. Some regular hot-spot's are behind State Line Island (behind if your going with the current).  The levee can produce al-ot of fish.  Going towards the levee there will be a sign up on the hill that say's "Point Arrival" and thats a good place to fish also.  You don't need a guide, you just need to get out and fish.

Pickwick is a big lake with a lot of shoreline that looks great! However, 90% of the fish are found in 10% of the lake. You may find the right spot, but most people don't. The local guides know the lake. If you just want to "fish" there's plenty of water to do just that, but if you are interested in "catching" I highly recommend hiring a guide.

8-)