Sign in to follow this  
flippin4it.

The good and the bad!!!

Went out fishing today with Dominion Dan which was pretty cool in it's self, we met up with Paul Naj, Simonsays and Ado124. Lets start with the bad...........I was unable to put a pattern together at all. Only one fish was put in the boat by me. Dan on the other hand caught his PB small mouth and let me tell you that was a nice battle. Dan was all grins after that. I love it when I can do that for people. Paul Naj seemed to have the key to success today by boating 4-5 keepers with one close to 5lbs. As for Simon and Andrew, I have yet heard. They went out for round 2 after Dan and I left....Who's ready for their next PB?

Both outings sound fun.  :o  I did the mother's day thing as well and did have a good time with my wife and child, but we all know what would have topped the day.  

Congrats on the PB Dan.  

Heya Rob, It was great to finally meet you, Dan and Paul.  Like Rob said Andrew and I had a pretty sad first round, Andrew got 2 buzzbait hits and hook up on his third for about 2lbs.  After that we didn't even have a nibble....

For round 2 we took a page out of Dan's book and tried some Fat ikas, and with a tip from Paul earlier we finally started catching some fish.  Andrew boated another around 2lbs, a couple of dinks, and a reeaally nice 4-something lber.  That was a crazy fight as the fish kept diving and running.  Luckily I didn't get skunked and eventually boated 2 dinks and one ~1.5lbs

It was great meeting you guys and it was fun to try out "Feel the Burn" =D

I had a blast and it was a pleasure to fish with Rob and Dan again, to "feel the burn" with Simon, and it was very nice to finally meet Paul Naj!  

It was a very memorable trip as it was my first time getting top water hits! Got 3 strikes total on the buzz bait but due to my newbieness (drag wasn't set properly) i was only able to land one.

After Rob and Dan left we got some info from Dan on what he was throwing because we knew he got 2 really nice bass.  We didn't have any tubes but decided to use some fat ikas in a dark green and man did that pay off.  Simon and I must have boated 5 in the next hour or so.

This is only my second season fishing so I'm not sure if this a post spawn thing or not but man these fish fought hard!

I forgot how much all my fish weighed cuz this 4lb 5ozer had me going the rest of the day.  It had me swinging all around my kayak.

4lbs5oz.jpg

Another pic

IMAGE_006-1.jpg

And here are the others of the day less the smaller ones and my buzzbait catch (i thought i took a picture but i guess not)

IMAGE_001.jpg

IMAGE_003.jpg

IMAGE_007-1.jpg

Needless to say, we had a lot of fun. The only bad things were the rain (which we didn't mind) and the hispanic guys we ran into at the floating dock that just caught and decided to keep a 1.5-2lb LMB  >:(

Can't wait to go out again! ;D

Fish pics always look better when you have someone else snap!

Dang! Andrew, that's quite a brute you snagged!Good job :)

Andrew, put a trailer hook on your buzzbait. Simon, next time we should trade up and have you fish half the day with me and half the day with Andrew.  Just wait for the post spawn to pass and it'll be on.

It's good to see that round 2 for team "feel the burn" really paid off. Andrew, did you catch any where I told you to go as I left?

Rob, Dan, Andrew, Simon, great to meet you guys.

I was lucky to put together a patern early. It dried up quickly once the wind started blowing even in the back of a protected cove. I ended up with 6 fish total, 4 of which were keepers, 1 borderline and 1 dink.

4 of the fish took the buzzbait and 2 on a fluke.

1st fish-

881601611307_0_ALB.jpg

3lb 2 oz

298890611307_0_ALB.jpg

Largest-

612101611307_0_ALB.jpg

623880611307_0_ALB.jpg

Gotta love the buzzbait! 8-)

Andrew, put a trailer hook on your buzzbait. Simon, next time we should trade up and have you fish half the day with me and half the day with Andrew.  Just wait for the post spawn to pass and it'll be on.

It's good to see that round 2 for team "feel the burn" really paid off. Andrew, did you catch any where I told you to go as I left?

Rob, I actually went the other way, we figured it'd be nicer to go up stream and slowly drift back down and head out when we got back to the dock.  Of course, we had a lot of "bad passes" that we thought we should redo.

I was just thinking i must have looked like an idiot to anyone that was watching me when i caught the 4lb'er.  I was screamin (like shaw grigsby when he keeps saying "holy smokes") and moving all over the boat. HAHA, i'm such an amateur.

I will be joinging in at the next outing... andrew i have a few spots we need to hit up with that kayak for a nice 4-5 hour float

still need to meet the rest of ya's

if you get along with Rob you'll get along with me 8-)

Ok, I just got the picture from my phone (Rob, thanks for showing me how to do that)

I had a lot of fun. It was nice to fish with Rob and Andrew again, and it was nice to meet Simon and Paul. Thanks a ton for taking me out, Rob, I really do appreciate you giving me a seat on Old Leaky and putting me on some fish. I also really appreciate the pitching lesson. that came in handy less than 2 hours after it started and I am definitely going to keep practicing that new technique.

Overall, I had a great time. Next time I won't forget the sandwiches  :)

Andrew and Simon, glad to hear you guys had some more luck, and congrats on the 4-5er, that's a real beauty.

post-5950-130162941029_thumb.jpg

That is one nice smallie, looking at it now in full size I can just image the fight.  Thanks for the tube tip Dan!

That smallie came on the same stretch of bank that I got the 3 pounder on last spring. I'll be back for more.

Good job with the tube Dan.  That's my favorite smallie bait.  Funny on Saturday you said you had never nabbed one on that bait before.  First time for everything, and that makes up for not catching em' on it before this trip.  Great fish dude.

Hopefully the weather holds up over the next 4-5 days so the Rap can come back down to near normal levels.  I'm not gonna get my hopes up because at this point with all the flooding it's probably doubtful but we'll see.  Can't wait to catch a smallie again.  If not my dad and I are hitting those other ponds or Lunga on the Quantico Base.  I'll keep in touch with you this week.