Sign in to follow this  
fishbully 2.0

Lake George

I just fished Lake Harris in Eustis, FL, and it was apparent that the lake had been subjected to heavy fishing pressure. Can I expect the same from Lake George or is the bass fishing alright?

your not going to find any known lake in fla. thats not subject to heavy fishin pressure.Harris is a very good bass lake that holds up to pressure really well.its a far easier lake to fish than lake george.for most lakes this is a transition time from post spawn to summer haunts and fishin can be rather tough.my recommendations for the jax. area would be kerr lake,rodmans,or even stella.george is a big lake that is hard to navigate and the fish are only in small concentrated areas.unless your familiar w/ george it would be like hunting a needle in a haystack.

i very rarely fish george,i dont like lookin for needles.if i had too.i would hit behind drayton island on the n. end early.the area from george up to lil george for a min. into the day if i had to stay in the lake i would key in on docks on the e. side.maybe look for some eel grass beds on the s. west end.

personally i would run down to woodruf and dexter and fish the lakes but thats a haul.

word of caution:if your not familiar w/ nav. george it is and can be dangerous.there are certain lanes you can run in and if you get in the wrong places you can get in trouble.many idle only zones, manatee zones and they do patrol it strictly.use diligence and common sense and you'll be fine.

the river rats seem to do good in george but it is intimidating to me .way to much water.

After you head out of the canal piling head east and fish that shore line. you will some good vegetation. Also if you head west out of the pilings you will find a couple of spring fed creeks these have some good fishing in them too. There are some really big bass in Lake George.