Sign in to follow this  
okrod

Kids first Bass

My 4 year old girl just got her first bass on a Disney rod; a 1 lb LM.  Unbelievable!  Sorry, no camera, no pic.

We rented a canoe at Accotink and I set her up with her first real hook; a shaky head curly tail worm.  She caste it into a submerged tree (like a pro with a soft entry, but totally lucky) and I immediately thought, "why didn't I see that spot".  

I didn't expect either of us to catch anything, so you could imagine my surprise when the fish broke the surface and I realized she wasn't just snagged in the tree.  I immediately crawled to the front of the canoe and tightened her drag as we both reeled it in.  She was freaked out, but excited.  

I guess we have competition at Accotink.   :-/

That's awesome!  I grew up in Burke and used to bike down to Accotink all the time.  

My wife is due with our first child in November, we are having a boy and I can't wait till he's old enough to go fishing with me.  Hopefully by then my wife will let me buy a boat :)

Nice Rich! You should always have a camera handy for moments like that!

Excellent!  Mine lost her fish reeling it in.  However, seeing her excited over just the initial hit was incredible.  This was on Father's day at Burke Lake using a grub curly tail.

Thanks for the comments guys.  Yah, a pic would have been nice, but the camera was on another assignment.   But I know she's hooked and we'll have another crack at it.