Sign in to follow this  
Mepps

Sunday June 29th

Whats up guys,

I got a chance to go out yesterday in the evening with a buddy. After catching a few fish under a pound, we decided to throw top water. So we start fishing some buzzbaits, and I even decided to switch up to my ultra-light rig to have some more fun. Well, I after a few casts, my buddy says he sees something big coming in fast from an adjacent shoreline, coming right for my 1/8oz white/chartruse buzzbait, I cant tell you how awesome the explosion was. She fought way hard, and she totally bent the heck outta the buzzbait. It was awesome to land her, she went 5lbs 4oz, easily my second PB. :D

Thanks for looking guys, hope you're catching em too.

ry%3D320

WOW!  :o Can't even imagine what a topwater hit like that would be like! Nice fish!

Whoa! I had my first buzzbait fish on sunday at another pond but nothing like that chunker, Killer Fish!

Naw it was only about 1.5 and the camera batteries were dying soo... Its all good though cuz your fish would've shamed mine.

Yea, this was definitely my largest topwater fish, aside from saltwater. It was a pretty wild fight, especially on the Ugly Stik ultralight w/4lb test. I tell ya, the rod did make pretty short work of the fish. I was very impressed.

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Nice job Kevin, that's the way to whack em' dude.  Surprised you weren't using your black fury!  ;D

Anyway, topwater bite has been great with buzzbaits all around Nova lately.  Doesn't surprise me big mama wanted your hunk a metal!  Just wish she'd find mine every now and again lol.

Hit me up through pm and let me know what your schedule the next two weeks looks like man.  I got quite a bit of free time, we should hook up.  Later dude.

Thanks J, yea, i was workin the mepps stuff to start, caught a few and switched up. :) Senko slims worked also, then finally went to topwater.  

We'll definitely have to hook up. I'm in the obx this weekend, starting thursday, but I'll hit you up when I get back.