Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Hey Link, What About Henricius???

Henricus Historical Park is off Route 10 on the James River.

Goggle Henricus Historical Park for directions.

Here is the address: 251 Henricus Park Road, Chester, VA 23836

You can walk down to the pier and fish the barge pit or bring chairs and fish for catfish off Dutch Gap.

You can stop at Castaways off Route 288, turning south onto Jefferson Davis Highway to pick up some live bait and check out the store.  Good selection of Zoom plastics and they can tell you what is working at Henricus.

Here is a story about fishing Dutch Gap.

There are many Turkey Buzzards at Dutch Gap and they will eat your windshield wiper rubber blades and really mess up your car/truck/SUV.

One day a friend of mine was leaving Dutch Gap and he was being followed by a Chesterfield County Police cruiser.

A Turkey Buzzard flew into his windshield and started to throw up. So he turned on his wiper blades and the bird flew off his car and right into the Police cruiser's windshield.

The County Police officer pulled him over and gave him a ticket for "giving him the bird."  ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D  

Joke. Only a joke.

But check out Henricus by yourself and maybe it is a place you and yoru wife can go fishing.  Just bring a lawn chair and bug spray.

Thanks Sam!  

Is it free to get in to Henricus? Parking?

I actually caught my first bass using buzzbait this morning at Swift Creek Resevoir, pretty sweet catching something on topwater.  Wasn't the biggest fish in the world, but I was pretty stoked.

Thanks again Sam

I don't know if there is any parking fee at Henricus.  I don't think so as it is a repica of the first American settlement.

Yes, Henricus is before Jamestown if memory serves me correctly.

The state has a replica of the camp that you can tour.

Check it out on the web.

Congrats on your first buzzbait bass.  Isn't if fun catching them with buzzbaits?  One of my favorite early morning and late evening baits, although you can fish them all day long.

Are you using a trailer hook?  Trailer hooks improve your hookup ratio.

Try the Cavitrons. They are super.   ;)

Sam,

Wasn't using any trailer hooks this morning but I think next time out, possibly try Henricus tomorrow or next week sometime.  Thanks again.