Sign in to follow this  
Irish_Bassman

New guy from tampa bay area

Hey! whats goin on everyone? i just joined up on the forums and thought i would say "HI". i just moved to the tampa bay area not too long ago and im slowly learnin where to fish around here. ive been on lake tarpon a couple times with no luck and ive fished a few local parks here in pinellas county with ok results. does anyone have any spots they wouldnt mind sharing? i dont have my boat here, had to leave it in illinois so right now im just beatin the bank.

Have you tried Walsigham Park in Largo ? It is 100 acre lake  strictly catch and release for bass and lots of places to bank fish and an electric motor only lake so no jet skis etc.

havent been to either. ive been to freedom lake park off of 49th street in P Park, and just yesterday i found Cliff Stevenson park in clearwater off of drew st. that place seems to hold a lot of big bass although my luck hasnt been too good from yesterday and today. ive lost 5 decent sized fish with only 1 landed. but he fought like he was a champ. is the fishing any good at these places?

Welcome aboard!

8-)

Welcome aboard.   If you are interested in Hillsborough or Polk Counties, I can set you up.

Welcome to the boards.

I just started posting myself and I'm originally from Illinois myself!  I'm now in Northern Virginia so I can't help you in Florida though.

Love your avatar, Go Cubs!

WELCOME to the forums!!!

As Ever,

skillet

I'm not much of a bank fisherman but I see a lot of people fishing at Teneroc Fish Management area, Saddle creek park in Polk Co and Medard Park in Hillsborough.  They all have either good bank access or fishing piers or both.