Sign in to follow this  
jeepcrazy

Had two great days in Central Florida last week...

Just got home from a great trip to Florida. I went fishing with a few friends of mine down there, one of which is retired from fishing the FLW tour and as it turns out...taught me ALOT about fishing for Bass in the summer!

The pics here are from the BAD DAY. The day before we took no less than 8 bass over 5lbs into the boat! It was awesome! (I'm sworn to secrecy on where we were fishing but it was a blast...no question...I'm spoiled!!)  These guys all went in the 3lb range, except for the first guy.  He was 4lbs 8oz.

nb8ava.jpg

2s1szfb.jpg

2rc7ouw.jpg

Beautiful fish! Was the fight any different than the bass we have here at home? Congrats again on the great fishing days!

Great trip!

8-)

i having trouble making that water.  i mean its got a "fish attractor" marker w/ fish on it so it must be public, but not heavily pressured.  whoever heard of such a thing.  its dishpan, but its got an algae bloom that looks like a phosphate pit, that turns our migrating fish that lovely shade of white.

nice water, nice fish.

i love central florida.

Those are Rock Pit bass( phosphate, like warmer mentioned) i know were you are im telling everyone :D

LMAO yeah they'd have my arse for letting the cat outta the bag on that place.

Definitely not heavily pressured, we had one other boat on the lake on a Sunday!  :P

(And yes, it's a phosphate pit)

Great times, no doubt.  The saddest part?

Nothing I catch up here in VA is really gonna get my heart going like they did.  I lost one that would've scratched the 10lb mark.  She was a monster.  I learned some valuable lessons about trying to "horse in" big bass.

They definitely fought differently, partly because they were so much bigger than what I'm used to up here.  They were in very deep water so they were running for cover deep at first and then screaming drag again when they saw the boat.  BIG fun.  I can't wait to do it again!!

-JC