Sign in to follow this  
armesjr

Richmond,VA yak fisherman

I have started to see more and more of us who are starting to fish from kayaks.  I was thinking some of us need to start getting together, and doing some float trips around richmond and the surrounding areas.  I am free this weekend, and was just posting to see if anyone is interested in doing this.  I have been mainly fishing the James between pony pasture and bosher dam, and around Watkins landing.  Numbers but no size.  Anyways i was looking to expand my knowledge of places to fish around the area, and i figured doing some float trips wouldn't be a bad idea.

Jason  

heya, Armesjr I'm down for a float, though I'll be busy this weekend and next.  Are you available during the week? Thanks for the tip on swift creek, I didn't get a chance to hit it yesterday but I'll definitely give it a shot monday

Ill be living back in colonial heights (where my kayak stays) in about 3 weeks and I will be home next weekend if anyone is interested in an appomattox float.  I know my friend has been smashing the smallies recently.  

Hey Smallie,

Doesn't the upper Appomattox River hold a lot of snakes?

Snakes that try to get into your boat?

Just asking.  :)

Hey guys, thinking of kayak fishing tomorrow (mon 8/3/08) at around 2pm ish anyone interested? Maybe pocahontas state park, swift creek or possibly the James if anyone knows of a good place.

Hey Smallie,

Just asking. :)

haha, Ive heard about that but Ive seen hundreds of snakes over the years and they always take off in the opposite direction like any other snake. Maybe its just to keep you guys away from the fish ;)

I actually went out last saturday for the first time since my kayak got a hole in it. I ghetto rigged it up with lots of duct tape and hot glue and she held all day. After screwing around at Belle Island all summer it was an amazing feeling to finally catch some nice fish. Hit only 3 fish but they were 2, 2.5, and my PB(that Ive weighed) of right near 3lbs.

Hey Smallie,

Just asking. :)

haha, Ive heard about that but Ive seen hundreds of snakes over the years and they always take off in the opposite direction like any other snake. Maybe its just to keep you guys away from the fish ;)

I actually went out last saturday for the first time since my kayak got a hole in it. I ghetto rigged it up with lots of duct tape and hot glue and she held all day. After screwing around at Belle Island all summer it was an amazing feeling to finally catch some nice fish. Hit only 3 fish but they were 2, 2.5, and my PB(that Ive weighed) of right near 3lbs.

Nice fish! Went to pocahontas today hit 3 keepers and 4 dinks.  2-8, 1-15 and 1-1.  Pics to come!

Anyone interested for tomorrow (tues)?  I'm loving my kayak =D

Nice Simon.  Ill be back home for school on the 16th and we should get up.  Ive never been out at pochahontas and Ill take you out on the appo if youre interested.

Hey guys I live in VA Beach(just moved out here from San Diego) and was wondering if there were any yak fisherman  out here in SoVA. I would love to head out with someone that knows the area a bit. BTW i just got a new manta ray 12 and am loving it

Hit up Swift Creek res today, wow it's really really low.  I'm glad I brought my FF along cause otherwise I wouldn't have know where to fish...in total I only hit 3, one off a small hole, and 2 off drop offs.  First one at 1-10 and the other two 1-3 and 1-0.  

I'm still learning the ropes with fish finders...any tips?