Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Good Day at Pony Pasture

My buddy and me got to PP at about 6:15 AM.  Turned out to be a perfect day.

br01.jpg

br02.jpg

br03.jpg

We worked our way across the river over to the dam across from the parking area, the one on the other side of the island.   On the way, we got probably a dozen smallmouth.  We got six more on top of the dam

br04.jpg

Most were about this size.

br05.jpg

My bizarre buddy got the biggest of the day.

br06.jpg

br07.jpg

We went back to the car round noon, had lunch and went back out.  We got 6 more.

Not a bad day.  Lots of smallies.  I also caught a big Fallfish and we each got a bunch of redbreasts.  

Bomber Square As iand Rapala Original Floaters in gold and silver were the tickets today.  

Sweet post! That 4th picture is amazing. If I was the one in it I'd want to get it framed.

Nice fish! Wading out at PP is alot of fun, been neglecting it for my yak though, need to get out there some time soon.

Enjoy walking on the dam, now.

When the water rises it can be dangerous.

Wonderful story and pictures.

Gald you all did well and everyone returned home safe and sound.

We really need water in the area.  I have stopped fishing due to the bass going deep in the local ponds and lakes and are hard to reach from shore.

Taking the boat onto the Potomac on the week of the 18th and sure hope the river is doing well.  :)

I've got to come up with some better footwear.  I wore an old pair of leather tennis shoes for wading.  They fill up with sand and gravel and kill your feet.  But the heavy leather is needed to protect you feet from the rocks.  Water shoes or sandals just won't do.  

I used to use water shoes, $5 at walmart, they worked pretty well for protecting my feet from hitting rocks (for me atleast) but it was miserable when sand and small rocks would get in and getting them dry after wading was a pain.  I started using generic crocs which worked pretty well, protection from rocks and sand and smaller rocks could just flow through.  

My friend swears by the Orvis wet wading shoes but at $100 I think I can bear a bit of sand and rock!

Wading boots with felt soles.

Work great and they protect your ankles.

You all need the proper equipment to fish, safely.

After all, did you ever see a football player in the NFL hit the field without their helmet?  Other than for a fight, that is!

The investment will last a lifetime. The boots do not wear out and they keep the rocks and sand at bay.

Check out the new BPS just below Ashland when they open in October and they may be on sale.

I know they are costly but after all, it is your comfort and protection we are talking about.  :)