Sign in to follow this  
eddieinva

Anyone up for fishing Beaverdam tomorrow?

Eddie,

I couldn't make it out today, but am going out tonight at a local lake for some night fishing.  

I got my fish finder and am going to try out temporarily mounting the transducer so I can move it to a canoe when necessary.  I'm using the method of creating the foam shell and filling it with water.  I don't have high hopes, but we'll see.  

oh man, today was great.. got a smallie and a nice 1.9lber..  the other guy i met up with caught one in between my two..  it was nice..  we even got carded by the Virginia Gaming board..  

I was actually really happy about that..  Made me feel like I got my moneys worth out of my fishing license..  hahahhaha.  I ended up asking him how the lake was and he told me they had just did another "stunning??" when they count the number of fish.. and he said the population of bass and other gaming fish are "very healthy"..so I had to ask.. where the hell are they..  he was very hesitant to tell me the "honey holes".. but i know now..  ;D ;D

the 1.9lber fought like a nice 4.5lb catfish..  ripping out line, and cruisin under the yak.. a good day it was..

Unfortunately, the water level is getting really low..  we need some rain..

The electric shock sampling usually only works in shallow water so I would imagine they could only discover honey holes in shallow water...still, that would be useful knowledge to have. The wardens I saw out there were very friendly, not the typical power-tripping d-bags you hear stories about.

hahaha not yet.. i have it in my fridge.. some of my friends are telling me not to eat the fish from the lakes in the area.. !!??!?!?!  Ever heard of this?  Just wanted to make sure before taking that first bite..

Nope,

The Occoquan is a different location from the Beav.. I think the Occ is ranked #1.. and the Beav is ranked #5?? as far as population of bass ..BUT i AM eager hit up the Occ soon

What do you think about the 6th or 7th? Do you know any launch areas on Occoquan? Maybe I can meet you there super early in the morning.