Sign in to follow this  
eddieinva

Fishing the Occ on 9/6/08

Lets do it, Schedule in a 6am Launch on the Occ.. I'll ask around and find out the best launch locations on the Occ.. I see a few good spots for launch on the va.maps.. On 9/6/08 6am.

If anyone else wants to join us, that'll be great..we can get in a good day full of fishing  

Hey Eddie are you talking river or rez?  If you are fishing the river I have a few spots I can put you on if you wanna pm me that my dad and I fish regularly.  Let me know.  If it's the rez I'm sure there are guys here that know it much better than I do.  

My dad and I were gonna fish the River on the 2nd but decided on Pohick Bay instead.

Hey guys, my apologies..

Should have checked with the wife before i made plans.. I'm good for 9/7/08 instead of 9/6..  let me know if that's ok with you guys..

(Are you fishing the resivour? If so, I might be able to help.)

Ok confused.. i thought the reservoir was connected to the river??  

There is a dam that separates them

unless you have a boat that goes fast enough to jump it your stuck fishing one or the other ;)

AHHH.. thanks man.. Hey Rob, if you get any info on a jetpack.. let me know.. i'm interested.. lol

I'm thinking the reservoir might be a better to fish since that is what was rated right??!??  You guys let me know if you want to fish the other part instead..  I'm fine either way.. although a little help flipp/JC would be great!  

Eddie if fishing grass, docks, spadderdock, barges, and bridges are your strengths the river is a great place to fish.

I'll pm you a list of spots.  You should be fine in a kayak though the channel current and boat traffic can make for a less than tolerable fishing experience.  But if you've been at it a while the spots I'm giving you should be easily accessible.  PM sent.

Hey thx JC for that report.. SPOT ON..  we'll put that info to great use!  Man I am so excited about hitting up those spots on the 7th..   It'll be a great day.. Better bring the camera!

You should get Direct TV and the NFL Sunday Ticket then you wouldn't have to go to the bar.  I can usually launch early and be back to the ramp by 11:30 AM and go home put the boat away and the be in front of my big screen TV for the games by 12:45 PM.