Sign in to follow this  
countryBASS

Broward County Bassin'

Hey guys, I recently moved to SO FL and have tried doing some fishing. I have not had much success catching LMB or peacocks. I have been trying tradewinds park and the C-14 canal. If y'all have any suggestions on the best types of lures for this area, and if there are any better places to fish in the area, I'd appreciate it.

Welcome to the site.

The fishing has been on and off lately. When it warms up, fish in the early morning or late afternoon. Use trick worms (Wat/Red), frogs, or rapala floating crank baits. Neighborhood canals in margate or coral springs are a good bet and try the Markham Park canals.

If you have a boat, there's Loxahatchee off of SR7 or Holiday Park, Sawgrass, Holeylands off of US27, and along alligator alley(I-595).

There are several bass clubs in the area with friendly folks to join as well.

Welcome!

I live walking distance to Tradewinds park and love fishing it... It is smoking in the early AM. We are usually on the water by 6:30 and throw all topwater until ol' fireball is high in the sky! then switch to a 7-8 inch plastic worm.  I've caught many fish in there with the occasional 5-7lb'er...

tight lines!

Thanks for the help guys. I was having a little luck at Tradewinds in the fall w/ a variety of lures. I generally fish the dock area on the South end of the park, but recently discovered part of the lake on the adjacent side of the road that looks like a more natural area. I have not had any success there, but I believe there has to be some nice ones in there. Does anyone know if there is good fishin' in that area?

Thanks again

Well I can't give away ALL my secrets... ::) but I can tell you I have caught fish in every part of the lake from the north end to the south end... ;D

are you in a boat or on the shore?

Send me an IM sometime.  I have been fishing S. FLA for over 25 years and know a secret or two about Broward, Palm Beach and Dade.  I'll  take you fishing and give some tips.  Just ask Syfer!! By the way welcome to the best bass forum around  ;D

tradewinds park is played out---yea you can still catch fish, but if you want big fish, you have to get creative. coral springs has some toads in ALL  of the gated communities. you just have to get in. don't be afraid to fish the canals of margate either. i will give you one spot to try in margate/pompano. lyons road south of atlantic to the church on the left hand side. go past mcnab road and about a 1/4 mile on the left you will see a church/school. park in the townhouse parking lot just on the north side of the canal. if you are not afraid to get your feet wet, walk in the water (only about 1-2 feet deep) and head east. throw a wacky rigged senko and you will get crushed. there are no gators in this canal, so you are safe( i think). a small boat(like a 10' bass hunter is best or a ghenoe). i have caught many fish over 7 pounds in this little dirty canal. if the water is real low by the church, don't fret---keep heading east and the canal will get a little wider--the fish will be stacked up in these deep pockets. good luck and let us know how you do.

Hi everyone. Heading out to tradewinds this weekend.  I looked up the satellite images for this park.  Its split in half by sample road.  But I cant otherwise make a lot of sense out of the images.

On the south half of the park...  I see that there is a very long shoreline.

1) Are there any lilly pads and/or other cover in any part of tradewinds

2) Has anyone fished that 700'x20' canal in the nw part of the south half of the park?  

3) Has anyone tried to access the lake in the wooded area on the far south end of the south half of the park?

Hi everyone. Heading out to tradewinds this weekend. I looked up the satellite images for this park. Its split in half by sample road. But I cant otherwise make a lot of sense out of the images.

On the south half of the park... I see that there is a very long shoreline.

1) Are there any lilly pads and/or other cover in any part of tradewinds

2) Has anyone fished that 700'x20' canal in the nw part of the south half of the park?

3) Has anyone tried to access the lake in the wooded area on the far south end of the south half of the park?

I have only fished the southern lakes/ponds at the southern end of the park 1 time and I didnt get anything.The water doesnt have much vegetation. Im sure it is sprayed often.

I would follow Bocabassers advice and look for residental canals in Coral springs, margate, and Coconut Creek to fish.

There are also defunct golfcouse lakes in Coral Springs (Broken Woods course-Sample Rd & University Drive) and Margate that I would try.

Im sure it is sprayed often.

I went there to check it out and fish once, first thing I saw was a guy in a golf cart sprayin the shore. Fished for maybe 20 minutes without a bite and left. Don't plan on goin' back either.