Sign in to follow this  
South FLA

Ansin Report?

Avid/George or anyone else,

How has Ansin-Garcia been lately? Was thinking of going up soon, my buddy really likes Ansin, but the Marsh may be hard to pass on.

I agree with this George fellow. Go to Stick Marsh. Garcia had a pretty good fish kill according to the biologist I talked to. I will let you know if I hear anything else from my FWC contact. ;)

I have heard of no fish kill on Garcia. There are dead carp washing through from the Ft Drum Marsh, and from the pvt. reservoir south of 60, but other than that nothing.

In my haste, I fogot to mention that I just discovered this site this evening. I think I'm going to like it here. Feel free to email me with any other questions you might have about the Marsh. ;)

with all due respect stick marsh grand wizard, mr. welcome is as good as it gets when stick marsh is concerned. if you don't know him or have never heard of him, then you my friend need to do some more research.

In my haste, I fogot to mention that I just discovered this site this evening. I think I'm going to like it here. Feel free to email me with any other questions you might have about the Marsh. ;)

with all due respect stick marsh grand wizard, mr. welcome is as good as it gets when stick marsh is concerned. if you don't know him or have never heard of him, then you my friend need to do some more research.

No disrespect to Bocabasser but if he talked to the FWC and they said there was a fish kill who are you to tell him that he is wrong.

No disrespect to Bocabasser but if he talked to the FWC and they said there was a fish kill who are you to tell him that he is wrong.

Mr Welcome is the authority on the Stick Marsh/ Ansin Garcia as far as I am concerned.

The Grand Wizards' tude' seems a bit pompuss     ;D

I'm flattered that you thought to mention my name, but truth be told I probably fish the stickmarsh only 7 or 8 times a year, and Ansin Garcia less than that.

I have had some great days on the marsh.  Actually my best fishing trips happen here, but I can't take credit.  My fishing buddy SteveP. puts me on all the fish.  I'm just along for the ride and maybe some comic relief.

Stickmarsh/farm13 is no automatic big bag/big fish trip.  The first 5 times I fished there (with a different partner) I was skunked all 5 times.

Good luck, and don't forget to post a report.

Just came back from a 2-hour tour: Water level 24.5. Impoundments have typical summertime hydrilla mats. Found fish in the ten or so pockets I hit. Inflow from Garcia East is wide open, (all three pipes). Corner is loaded with fish - if I wasn't out to look at the lake I could have probably caught fish after fish there. They were stacked in that current.

Talked with two different fishing boats out on the water. My observations and theirs: No dead fish! I also ran down the 60 canal: No dead fish!

i'm not telling him he is wrong, but if mr. welcome has not heard nor seen a fish kill, i would be willing to bet that there was not one.