Sign in to follow this  
robchoi

Urban bassin'

Went to the concrete pond again in Byrd Park (Richmond). Caught 2 around 2lbs each. Then a 1lber (no pic). All on Yum red n black paddle tail worm with no weight.

08Bass1.jpg08bass2.jpg

Nice fish! I hit the pond with the fountain last saturday and only hit a dink on a fluke. I gotta fish there more, it's so close!

sometimes it's really unproductive.... I dunno.

Other days, it's pretty alright.  It used to be awesome ( and by awesome, I mean crazy awesome) about 5 years ago when they had the section with the lilly pads in there.  

I use to fish a place in Reston that was full of 3-4 pound bass until the police explained to me that even though no signs are posted it is private property. So be really careful!!!

I use to fish a place in Reston that was full of 3-4 pound bass until the police explained to me that even though no signs are posted it is private property. So be really careful!!!

Doh, sounds like it was a nice place to fish! Luckily this is one big public park so we're safe from getting shooed away =D

Now we just have to be careful of getting shot or mugged.... :o

Doh, sounds like it was a nice place to fish! Luckily this is one big public park so we're safe from getting shooed away =D

Now we just have to be careful of getting shot or mugged.... :o

Sounds like a real nice place to fish........where is it, in front of a biker bar????