Sign in to follow this  
hminor

first time using lures.....suggestions needed

been fishing down at quantico alot lately in the last couple weekends...trying to try out my first couple of attempts of using lures. I tried using a couple different worms and jigs. no luck at all. we caught about 50 catfish though....can you tell me what i need to do to get a bite atleast....i have been fishing down off the marina and piers at quantico....

hminor   to the forum.  If you want to fish Quantico one day just let me know.  I have a canoe and I can show you a few places to fish.  

Guys,

Are plastics out at Quantico at this time?

I know we are in crankbait season but I caught seven at Sky Meadow State Park yesterday on Senkos and another guy fishing by me caught his first bass from the pond on a GY Hula Grub.

They would not even look at a crankbait.

Maybe a combination of both crankbaits and plastics will result in more bites?

Rondef, what do you think?  :)

Some plastics at Quantico are not getting as much action where I have been fishing. I have been getting most of my fish on crankbaits, spinnerbaits and jigs lately. Oh yeah I am still getting some top water action once in a while on Cavitrons and Rage Tail shad and toads.

yeh im with sam on this one, senko's and dingers would more than likley get you bit.Hooking up is all up too you though.

But ive never fished Quantico, so what do i know, IMHO i just think a senko can get bit anytime, anywhere.

IMHO i just think a senko can get bit anytime, anywhere.

you must catch hundreds of fish evey outing! :o

keep thinkin' that way...  :P

Trevor when I just started out fishing for bass all I threw were wacky rigged 4-5 senkos on a 6'6'' medium fast spinning rod with 8 pound fluoro carbon(picked that line by accident :)) with a 1/0 straight shank hook.

I did not catch alot of bass but I would usually catch a small keeper everytime I went out.

Not the best method but it will get you bit.

I know we are in crankbait season but I caught seven at Sky Meadow State Park yesterday on Senkos and

what are you doing all the way out there, Sam?

Were you fishing at that small pond?

I started using senkos this year and am still totally amazed at how fish respond to them.  senkos are definitely my confidence bait of the moment in pretty much any condition.  Definitely a good bait for an amateur.

pig,

i know they will get you bites, i was just saying it's a little far fetched to say you'll get bit anywhere anytime if you're using a senko