Sign in to follow this  
regretlove

Fishing Near Atlanta

I am looking for some good fishing spots near Atlanta - I am visiting a friend the 16-18th and I want to take her out fishing.  She actually lives in Kennesaw.

If you want a great fishing trip you should hire a guide. Lake Allatoona is on fire right now and the best guide on that lake is "Triton Mike" Bucca. Just click on the www button at the bottom of my post and it will take you to his site. He is a great guide and a better teacher.

If you're looking for a spot to fish from the bank, I wish you luck. All of the lakes around Atl. are heavily pressured from the shore and the odds of you having a decent fishing trip are rather slim.

I would also suggest hiring a guide.

The trip was great - (too short!) The fishing was ok - I did bring my boat, and went over to Allatoona.  We spent the morning by Kellogg Creek, and caught a few bluegill, but no bass. We had a great time though.  Those fish attractors are something else - Georgia is so beautiful right now!  I really enjoyed the weather, and being on the lake with my friend.   :)