Sign in to follow this  
LCpointerKILLA

Lake Ida, Delray Beach

Does anyone have any tips for fishing Lake Ida from the shore? I am new to the area and have no boat and no access to one, so I am looking for any info regarding fishing from the shore.

Last Wednesday fished with some buddies from the bank sort of near the boat ramp, only caught a few small largemouth, all on senkos. I'm looking to catch a big bass, or maybe a peacock. Any advice will help.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure you can catch a big one next to the ramp if you caught a small one there.  Walk the canal banks for the Peacocks.  

Go South Young Man !

I'd give up on lake ida.  i get plenty of peas in the canals in west delray where i live.  you can start at atlantic and work your way south along 441.  however they are bit sluggish now with this cooler weather.  try the afternoon and spinnerbaits, spinners, rapalas and gold spoons.

there are some lakes in broward that fish real easy from shore and the peas are there, i've caught them, send me an email.

great advice thanks. I definitely need to spend some time fishing the 441 canal

A place you want to try is in coconut creek, Sabal Pines park.  just north of wiles rd and east of lyons off nw 39th street.  i have heard good things about lmb and peacocks and i personaly have caught a few peas around 3lb, spinnerbaits work well there.

i will say last couple of times there i did not have great outings but i go around 7:am and i think the better bite is in the late pm.