Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Hooker & ProTech Sales

Hooker Bait and Tackle is have a sale through next weekend (the Richmond Fishing Expo weekend) so if you can, head on over and enjoy the savings.

Here is what they have discounted:

All Rods 20%

All Reels 10%

All Baits 25%

Hooker carries St.Croix, Kistler, Loomis, Shimano and Carrot Stick rods plus Shimano and other reels.

I picked up a Spro BBZ-1 Shad Floater and am going back for the Slow Sink and Fast Sink models next week as they are due in early in the week plus two RICO's.  All 25% off.

Hooker Bait & Tackle, Inc.

7828 Richmond Road

Toano, Virginia 23168

www.hookerbaitandtackle.net

Two blocks away and around the corner is ProTech and Andy told me that Lynn will be at the Fishing Expo with his Japanese and new baits.

I picked up, at 10% off, the new Damiki Crank DC-200 in Shad and two of the new Action Lures Fan-tastic cranks.

The Action lures have an opening through the crank with a wheel inside producing bubbles.  I have never seen such a bait and for $5.00 I figure I will give it a shot.

ProTech Fishing

100 Depot Street

Toano, Virginia 23168

www.fishingprotech.com

Just wanted you guys in the Richmond/Williamsburg/Tidewater areas to know of the sales.

See you all at the Fishing Expo on the 17th.  Looks like we will be meeting around 1 or 2 PM that Saturday.  :)

Do they have the IMX or GLX model MBR843C or  BCR853 GLX?  Will you pick me one up if I paypal the money to you?  

Give 'em a call and see if they have the rods....

If they do, I am sure they can mail them to you.  ;)

Thanks Sam never been to Hooker Bait and Tackle but will try to call them and get directions. Seems like the store will have better deals than Greentops. Hope to see you at Bassarama!!!

Check out Green Top.

All lures are 10% off; the Shimano guys are there (I got the 2009 catalog); Berkley Pure Fishing guys are there (they helped me find Gulp! Alive Nuclear Nelly's); and it was great just shopping the store.

Hope you can make it on Saturday.  :)

Is the ProTech sale going to be in effect at the expo?

For the first time, I felt I got a crappy deal at Hookers.  I walked in and they told me Megabass was 20% off.  I picked up some Vision 110s.  Then I found out the price was $28 per lure, around $5 higher than the last ones I bought a few weeks prior.  On sale, they were just as expensive as the first ones I got at regular price.  

I like the store, but he charges a premium for his lures.  I've been buying at Tackle Warehouse recently.  As long as you buy $50, shipping is free.  Prices are lower than Hookers so I actually get a better deal at TW.  

I'd spend more at Hookers.  I like the owner and his selection.  But I'm not made of money and if he's not willing to work on his prices I have to buy elsewhere.