Sign in to follow this  
561Bassfishermen

Cold front fishing

after finding out i have to work the rest of the week i decide i will go fishing this weekend....well meanwhile on the news theres a cold front blowing through on friday but i will not let this ruin my fishing for the weekend. i was just wondering if anyone wanted to throw some ips out there for fishing to cold fronts cause it is something i have never done and would like a challenge... i fish a pretty deep lake and not alot of cover but a few docks here and there and some drop offs... would greatly appreciate the advice thanks :)

Same thing here! Im fishing a Lake Rousseau tournament on Sat. and just saw it's supposed to be 28 that day. Nice all week then freezing on the weekend. All I can tell you is slow down. I will usually throw a rat-l-trap for a little while in the morning then if there's no taker's I'll try a big worm on a carolina rig next to laydown's and channels. That usually work's for me. If all else fails just start flippin'.... :o

What lake are you fishing this weekend?

It's 64 degrees in Delray right now,checked the hour by hour forcast and not a bad day except for nw wind. Saturday will be a bit cooler.

stay home or fish VERY, VERY, VERY,I'll say it again, VERY SLOOOOOOOOW.

Had a little action yesterday so I know where I'll be in acouple of hours.

BTW hear about the guy picking up trash at Lake Osborne, was attacked by an alligator and dragged underwater.

stay home or fish VERY, VERY, VERY,I'll say it again, VERY SLOOOOOOOOW.

x2 Might I add that one other thing that works for me is to use a shad colored tandem spinnerbait with very large blades rolled very very slowly parallel on drop offs or over humps.This is in places with little cover except some shoreline brush. Shakey heads in light weights works subtle and slow.

If you got grass find the warm spots and flip away ;)

I'll be fishing Lake Eddins near Pachuta, MS this weekend.  Sounds like y'all have given some great advice that I can definitely use.  Thanks guys!!

one of the lakes in wellington just me and a jon boat can access

:D  Well, ill be fishing Lake Wellington from my Jon boat on Sunday. I'm not sure from your response what Lake your fishing. But if it is Lake Wellington then I could show you a few spots.

one of the lakes in wellington just me and a jon boat can access

:D Well, ill be fishing Lake Wellington from my Jon boat on Sunday. I'm not sure from your response what Lake your fishing. But if it is Lake Wellington then I could show you a few spots.

i fish the one on the west side and its killer fishing when you fish the ledges and rocks

Hmm... I never tried fishing that Lake. Whats the average catch size? Do you normally catch a lot of small bass or a few really big bass? Id be willing to bet that Lake gets very little pressure, in comparison to the lake on the east side.

Hmm... I never tried fishing that Lake. Whats the average catch size? Do you normally catch a lot of small bass or a few really big bass? Id be willing to bet that Lake gets very little pressure, in comparison to the lake on the east side.

biggest i got out there was pushin 8 mainly with in two hours i get 8 2-5 pound bass but if you fish for the smaller ones you will catch them all day

Lake Wellington and surrounding canals are AWESOME!  Frontal conditions are tough, but try bouncing a a trigged worm deep and you should do great, troll with divers, traps and then go back and fish them with the trig.