Sign in to follow this  
LCpointerKILLA

South Florida guys... This time I am not pitching a get-together.

Hi please forgive my failed adventure; I am not constantly staying in South Florida anymore.

BUT, I am here all this week and I have a new inshore baitcaster spooled with braid, and ande 30 pound monofilament leader; and I do not have a boat.

SO, my question is where in the Boca, Delray, or Deerfield area can I find a good day spot on the shore for snook, and a good nightspot on the shore with a light in cast-able distance?

Thank you for your help, and once again, sorry about the failed trip idea.

So you wanna go for some snook?  The easiest way without a boat is find a bridge with lights.  Fish either the last hour1/2 of the incoming and first hour1/2 of the out going tides. You want to fish against the the tide so your bait will drift into the shadow and just underneath the bridge.  Try throwing live shrimp without any weights.

Try plugs or feathers.  You can also use a jig with a live shrimp as a trailer.

Try fishing the Boynton Inlet also.  Fish on the Jetty or walk the beach throwing plugs.  

Palm Beach is the dead zone now...........no snook ! They just aren't many around. I have caught only a few this past week at my normal "hot spots", on xraps or yozuri's. I do this every single morning, Lake Worth down to Delray. I go at 3 or 4 every morning and usually wind up at the Boynton inlet.. Today I'm going out for kings.

For a fact....They are catching quite a few snook south around Hollywood(bridges) on live bait. You may try the El Rio canal by FAU on high tide, snook stack up there this time of year.

Inlets are generally better on the outgoing, doesn't mean that you can't get them on the incoming, it happens.  Bridges and ICW are better on the incoming , but sometimes you have to work both sides of the bridge.  Snook will always have their nose into the current........btw most fish do that.   Snook are not aggressive, if they aren't on you won't catch them and if they are, they'll hit your mothers old garter belt.   I heard the spillways have been holding big snook and jacks, but they are not hitting.

go to the beach (boca/delray/deerfield) early in the morning. 4 am is a good starting time and fish the troughs. i was at south beach park last night with my kids and there was some bait and i did see a couple of small snook. i like to throw either a small pointer or a hank brown with a small grub as a trailer. if you find the bait, you will find the snook.

Ok I will HAVE to buy some live bait. My friend called me today and said last night he fished the light at the bridge on Camino in Boca and caught a nice jack, and he saw some snook but caught none. I really need to try throwing a nice shrimp right at that spot. Last time I fished that spot a pelican dove right in the "light up" water under the light, and I lost all confidence in that spot after that happened