Sign in to follow this  
Triton_Mike

Lake Allatoona Week 3 March (Pics)

Water Temp 52-60

Water Clarity clear to stained

Water Level 1.78ft low

Fishing is good.... Due to the rains last week we got a good bit of debris on the water from one end of the lake to the other. Some areas are "unfishable" due to the wind packing the debris. Water temps are starting at 52-53 and ending up almost 60 degrees by early afternoon.

Like clockwork the big bait bite is on and just cranking up. I know of one 6lb spot caught this week on a swimbait and one of my good previous clients got a 6lb largemouth on the Bull Shad and I also got a few good fish this week while pig hunting myself. I'm concentrating on the short pockets just off the main lake for the heads and main lake points for the spots. I have seen a few males up shallow but nothing on the bed yet but as the week goes on there should be more going shallow weather permitting.

I'm throwing a modified 8 inch Triple Trout (modified to 10.5 inches) and the 7 inch Bull Shad on 25lb Triple Fish Camo Line and using a Dobyns Rods 795ML. In the stained water the Triple Trout is the deal. There simply isn't a better swimbait for working stained to muddy water due to the massive amount of vibration and water that it pushes. In the clearer stuff I'm going to a more natural swiming bait and using the 7 and 8 inch (prototype) Bull Shad.

With the big baits your fishing for one or two bites for the bigger fish.

Nature's Tackle Box in Hiram, GA (678-567-1211) is the newest 22nd Century/Triple Trout dealer and Natures Tackle Box along with Hammonds Fishing Center in Cumming, GA both exclusively carry the Bull Shad.

toonapair.jpg

This is only just the beginning, more big fish pics to come.... ;D

Mike

Good report Mike and some nice lookin' hawgs!

Nice fish, great report.

Thank you, I would sure like to get over there sometime.

8-)