Sign in to follow this  
R@ngerman195vs

Lake Murray, SC - Tackle Shops?

Hey all you Lake Murray guys:  Going down for a week next Friday and am wondering if there are any good tackle shops nearby?  We used to hit Sportsman's Warehouse, but now that they are closing, I'm looking for other ideas.  The bait monkey always gets hungry on a week long fishing trip!  Thanks in advance!   8-)

I am not from that area but I have fished Murray and driven by several times in route to Santee-Cooper. There is a Dick's Sporting Goods store just off I-26 in Columbia. Sorry I don't remember the exit number but you should be able to get directions easily from locals..............Al

I lived in Columbia for 15 years and can tell you that there are tackle shops all around the lake. You can contact Lake Murray Country located in Irmo,SC for specific info about tackle shops in the area that you will be staying. Dick's is located on Harbison Blvd.

I don't know where you are staying but I would like to pass along some friendly advice. Crime is a MAJOR problem in the Columbia area. It had the highest crime rate per capita in the country during the 90's (FBI stats)and I know that some people would hire security to watch over their boats while staying at hotels. Stay safe and I hope you tear 'em up, it is prime time.

Thanks for the great advice!  We're renting a house on the lake near Chapin.   This is our second time going down.  My parents have gone down to there for probably 20+ years or so.  I can't wait to hit the water.  I hope we do tear em up!  Thanks again! :)

There are several tackle shops here in columbia. Sportsmans Warehouse is still open and i don't think it will be closing. Dicks is about 2 min. away from SW. Both are located in the Harbison area. I belive it is exit 104. You also have some smaller bait shops like Dooley's (alot of locals visit this shop) which is on 378 also there is Lake Murray Hardware in chapin (my new favorite store).

Awesome!  We're staying at a house about 15 minutes from Chapin, so I'll have to check out the hardware store.  I acutally like the smaller Mom and Pop places best.  Thanks a lot! Seven days and counting!!!   :)

To bad you are not coming this weekend (even though it will be raining so you are probably better off ) because we have the Sportsmans expo this weekend at the fairgrounds. From what i have heard you get lots of free goodies. It will be my first year attending so i am keeping my hopes up. Good luck on Murray if you need some help getting pointed in the right direction i will be happy to help.

Figures we're a week off! LOL! Oh well. I'm hoping we don't miss the spawn. If you get out this weekend or next week, shoot me a message on how you did. Tight Lines!!!