Sign in to follow this  
bocabasser

lox 5-4-09

fished lox from 1-4 and caught about 20 fish. big fish was 4 pounds and all fish came on swim baits. the water is very shallow and getting lower. lots of schooling fish out west. fun little session.

Very nice but did you forget your  ?   I don't know about 1-4 though.  Just the thought of fishing from 1-4 makes me sweat, especially starting next month.

20 bass is definately a good day out there, especially during 1-4.

Yea it is getting low, I went out there to check out the water levels last friday and the hydrilla mats were thick and out of the water.

I going to have to use my ski prop for that mess of hydrilla.

Lets see the pics!

My friend goes behind the reeds way in the back and poles his way to the holes, he told me he catches some unbelievable sacks.

Thats some fishery.  

There is a fellow on another forum board that fishes lox somewhere near Southern Blvd, posts quite often of some incredible numbers of fish, like 30 -90 in an outing and he is boatless. Just like golfers most are f.o.s., but I believe this guy.

Very nice but did you forget your ? I don't know about 1-4 though. Just the thought of fishing from 1-4 makes me sweat, especially starting next month.

it was most definitely HOT! i only had a 3 hour window to fish, so i chose to go out there. didn't bring a camera, but my phone has one. the only problem with a camera phone is that all the fish look the same. i am in the process of making a mount for video camera and this summer i want to start making some short videos of my outings.

gartracker-your friend knows what's up. that is the key to catching bigger fish on the flats. find the holes and you will score. that is why i love my flats boat, it gets me to those tight spots with little effort.

There is a fellow on another forum board that fishes lox somewhere near Southern Blvd, posts quite often of some incredible numbers of fish, like 30 -90 in an outing and he is boatless. Just like golfers most are f.o.s., but I believe this guy.

Very believable if you fish the water control structures while they are pumping or the water gets very low.