Sign in to follow this  
NovaBasser

Heading to Richmond for the weekend! Need Help!

Hey Ya'll I'm heading to Richmond for the weekend for my daughters soccer tournament.  I'm going to have a few hours of free time before and after the games and would really like to get some fishing in while I'm down there.  

Could any of you local Richmond folks give me some relatively close lakes, rez's, or ponds that I can hit up for a few hours (primarily Saturday afternoon-evening)  No boat, but I have my own trolling motor so anyplace that rents is a plus!  

Thanks in advance!

Nothing?  

On the map I see a few small ponds right in the area of the hotel I'm staying at.  The nearest body of water of any significance is the Swift Creek Reservoir.  Anyone fishing there this weekend?  

Do you have a map of Richmond and Chesterfield County?

Swift Creek - Fish off Genito Road or where ever you can find a place to fish from shore.  Try your luck off Route 360, Hull Street Road.

Across from Swift Creek and the entrance to Woodlake, try the waters at Ashbrook subdivision off Route 360.

Centerpointe Office Park - Fish their ponds. You may get thrown out but give it a try.

Pocahontas State Forest rents boats to fish Swift Creek Lake. Route 780 off Beach Road, Route 655.  You can fish from the shore, bridge and piers, too.  Take Winterpock Road south (Route 621) to Beach Road and head east (Route 655) to Park Road and drive to the end by the picnic area.

Bring sunscreen, bug spray and wear long pants.  Watch out for critters in the grass.  ;)

There are lakes and ponds in subdivisions but you need the homeowners permission to fish.

Last sentence above is for Swift Creek Reservoir.