Sign in to follow this  
bass109

trout swimbaits

Wow, is that the SR Plastics Dagon in your siggy? Haven't seen that bait in a while!

There are TONS of baits to throw, not everyone is throwing the same baits. You've got two main options: soft and hard.

For soft baits you've got mattlures, castaic, huddleston, Rago, 3:16, Stockertrout, River2sea, and others.

For hardbaits you've got again, Rago, 3:16, castaic, river2sea, 22nd century, ms slammer, AC plug, etc...

There really isn't a bait that won't catch fish in the right conditions. Unfortunately most of us are suckers and have bought just about everything instead of sticking with a few classics.

Matt

Buddy, you are focusing in the wrong angle, swimbaits do not have to mimick trout in order to catch fish nor if it 's not trout patterned it won 't catch fish, in my neck of the woods bass have never seen a trout nor will they ever see a trout in this life.

It 's the bait, where and how you work it what brings the bite not the way it 's painted, get rid of that "match the hatch" mentality. What does a spinnerbait mimick ? I have no idea but they do catch a lot of fish.

Basically there are 3 types of swimbaits depending upon manufacting materials:

Hard: plastic or wood

Soft plastic

Hybrid: part of it is hard, the rest is soft plastic

Also there 's another classification depeding on bouyancy:

Sinking

Suspending

Floating

Also there 's another classification depending upon diving depth:

Topwaters

Super Shallow runners

Mid deep runners

Deep runners

Which ones I use ? all of them, the selection like in every other lure depends upon the conditions, location and cover.

Anyone know where I could find the 7" 22nd Century Tripple Fish swimbait?

Anyone know where I could find the 7" 22nd Century Tripple Fish swimbait?

You're in tough shape on that one! There is one shop in Socal, I think its Angler's Marine, but I could be wrong that deals directly with 22nd century. If you're not in that loop its really hard to get the baits. You need to call them up and get on the wait list. Last time I want a specific size, color, sink rate it took over 3 months to get the phone call back! Crazy! Get yourself on the waiting list, sometimes its really quick.