Sign in to follow this  
surfer

Super Glue Dispenser

I have finally gotten around to using superglue on soft plastics as it has been recommended so many times here on the forum.  Now that I have used it I have found dozens of more places I wan to use it.  Such as wear the eye of the hook is just inside the head of the worm to prevent the worm from tearing and sliding down.

So is there a preferred dispenser for super glue that can stay in the tackle box without any problems?

I prefer the gel type but it will harden after a couple weeks or so and it is more expensive though easier to apply.

If you go to wallyworld in the home repair section they have a no-name brand of the liquid type that is sold in 5 tube packs for $1.

At that price I don't care if a tube hardens after one trip. ;)

That is the stuff I was thinking about. That is good stuff just watch where you put your fingers. (sorry was going to post something earlier)

But super glue is kind of like paint, Keep it room temperature and it will never "expire" within reason.

-searoach

Thanks guys.  I was worried it might spoil a bag of plastics if in the same tackle box or something.  But I guess there is nothing special to it.  The standard squeeze tube is just fine.

Most hobby stores have stuff called Zap. Its CA which is just a big word for super glue. It doesnt dry out in the bottle. Then you can also get kicker. Which makes it dry fast.

Loctite Super Glue found in the school supply dept. of your local Walmart.  It's applicator bottle with brush will keep your glue from drying out for the entire season.  I've been using this product for several years.

Loctite Super Glue found in the school supply dept. of your local Walmart. It's applicator bottle with brush will keep your glue from drying out for the entire season. I've been using this product for several years.

X2 the brush is so much easier just use what you need and screw the cap back on no mess, just my opinion ;)

Beware, there are dangers to superglue.  I used to use it but quit.  I had just repaired a bait and glued it back on the hook, thinking that an efficient use of time would be to "do something else" while giving the glue a minute or two to cure.  Well I urinated.  I have now learned to type one handed, fish one handed, basically function one handed, etc..  This has changed my life though.  I have had to learn to shoot one handed too, tired of people poking "fun" at my chronic problem now.  Clothes now cost more expensive during the cold months, during the warm months I can deal with the draft.  Several times I have been arrested for indecent exposure, all have been dropped after I dropped my bungie cord heldx up pants in the court room.  Anyways, I just want everyone to be very careful when using superglue, it is dangerous stuff.   ;D

Thanks guys.  Thats what i was looking for.   And a good laugh at someone who glued his hand to his junk never hurts either.