Sign in to follow this  
kreed

Mann's Hardnose

I don't see much about these lures on here and they became among my favorites the first time I used one. I generally fish brush but fish it carolina rig rather than texas so I usually go through a worm much faster than if I do the texas rig due to the head of the worm hanging on limbs or whatever. With the hardnose baits I can fish the same worm not only for more retrieves but even after catching several fish most times. The body of the worm will eventually be too weak to cover the hook but the head if it moves anywhere will just slip up the line but be like new still.

The only problem I have with them is that one of my favorite colors year round is Red Bug and they don't have any in red bug.

I generally fish soft baits with just a few cranks or spinners mixed in for a few casts. The colors I have the best success with (and have for many years) are red bug, green pumkin, and watermelonseed. I have found several styles of hard nose baits in green pumkin. I haven't tried the watermelon red flake yet but there are no plain watermelonseed to my knowledge.

I like their frogs with the watermelon top and yellow bottom.  I tried there senko style bait and didn't like it, i personally thought it was to hard.  They do stand up to everything whether it be fish or cover

My experience with them has been what you gain in durability, you lose in action.  I've used the frogs and the jerk shads neither of which works as well as their "soft nosed" counterparts such as the Horny Toad or Ribbit frogs or the Houdini Shad or Super Fluke.  However, they do work well enough that when the fish are really going on jerk shads or frogs, we will go to the hardnose ones for the durability.  Our best fish count on one jerk shad is 15.

i dont think they are that special  i do like the flukes though

They are my favorite plastic bait.  I haven't seen any negative reactions compared to other soft baits.

Im a diehard manns guy i have over 500 pack sof augertails ,jellyworms,and shadows of every color u can think of and each size ,then i tried the hard nose really nice lure if the bass are really aggressive but if bass need a more subtle presentation i stick with the reg manns or zooms,the frogs are dynomite though i think better then zooms

i like their lizards and flippin craws.  they have a great action and last a long time.  my local academy had them on clearance for $.88 last summer and i bought 20+ packs