Sign in to follow this  
Josh.

soft plastic frog

I was woundering if the soft plastic frogs work good because i have a pack and never tryed they out and want t if they work well :-?

Some people really like fishing them. They are not a go to bait for me BUT they do catch fish and fun to fish as well. They work great as a topwater bait but can be fished below surface as well.

I like zoom and ribbit frogs.

I love Mann's Swim Toad.  In any cover just swim it slow and catch some big bass.  They work best in summer and sometimes late spring.  Theyre  one of my go-to summer and big bass baits. 8-)

Of course I like the Rage Tail Toad for obvious reasons but also because of it's versatility as a soft plastic style buzz bait as well.

Big O

www.ragetail.com

They are best thrown over submerged vegetation but will work well over shallow drops or other shallow structure or cover.

J

I throw them anywhere a buzzbait would be applicable, and many places you would never dare throw a conventional buzzer like matted grass and other thick cover.

My favorite is a Stanley Bull Ribbit which I rig on a 4/0 screw-lock hook and sling it on a 7' Heavy action Kistler casting rod and 50lb Stren super braid.

But remember one thing when throwin a frog, when a fish blows up on it wait. Don't try to set it as soon as you see it (which is what you are naturally going to do but you have to practice and train your nerves) wait until the fish has the whole bait and you can feel the weight. Then slam the rod back.

My favorites are the Gambler Cane Toad and the Sizmic Toad by Uncle Josh (I think).  I have some rage toads that I want to try, but haven't yet.  The videos I've seen of them, look very good.