Sign in to follow this  
awicker

favorite sunglasses

I'm looking to buy a pair of costa's.  What's your favorite lens color for sight fishing, or allows you to see under water the best?  Also, how much better is the new 580 lens as compared to the other types? How much better is glass compared to the rest??? any help is appreciated.  

Thanks  8-)

i would recommend not getting a pair of costas...i get my gear off bass pro shops, and you can get a pair of polarized glasses in the 20-40 dollar range that are just as good...but if your confident that costas are that much better and you want to spend the extra 100+ bucks, then be my guest

as far as lens color goes...i can't really answer that as i haven't used every color..in fact, i've only used dark lenses and they work great

but seriously, you should also look at cheaper pairs, save yourself some money

I have some Costa's, they work awesome....but the only thing I have to compare them to are some old bill dance glasses  :)  as for the right color it depends on a few different conditions none of which I can tell you, but if you have a BPS catalog it can.

Costa Del Mar Fathoms w/ Amber lenses. I think they are definately worth the extra money.

Maui Jim.  I've had 2 different pair for 18 years.  Some of the best lenses for anti-glare.  Lost one pair when they fell out of the wife's minivan at the gas station.  Have changed the frame twice in the second pair.  The last time I sent the glasses for new frames, they changed it out for free (years out of warranty).  Their customer service is the best.

Once you get a good pair of sunglasses, all the cheap ones just seem like pieces of junk.

I have some nice revos, I have a pair of maui jims. ($200 and $150 respectively)

But I took a chance and purchased $20 polarized Bill Dance sun glasses from Bass Pro. I got them all over the place now. One pair in each car, a couple of pairs in the boat.  My intent was to have a spare pair for the non boater (usually they don't know/understand about polarization).  

I dont care if I lose them, scratch them, step on them...they even float.

;D

What about these:

I love my costas - I have deep blues with blue mirror glass lenses $250. My favourites are my Revo's but they are discontinued now so I can't get a replacement lens, the H20 Lenses are awesome!

I had the costa del mar blue mirror 580's.  I sold them for the Green mirror 580's with the Brine frame and they are amazing.  Put on a pair with the 580 lenses when you are driving and you will be amazed by how much they make green, red, blue and brown stand out.  

I have found weed beds with them because of it that my dad couldn't see with his glasses because of the 580 technology.  They are amazing and i would highly recommend it.

i would recommend not getting a pair of costas...i get my gear off bass pro shops, and you can get a pair of polarized glasses in the 20-40 dollar range that are just as good...but if your confident that costas are that much better and you want to spend the extra 100+ bucks, then be my guest

as far as lens color goes...i can't really answer that as i haven't used every color..in fact, i've only used dark lenses and they work great

::)

I have the  Costa Tropic Stars with amber/vermillion/gray lenses. If I were only to have one of their lenses it would probably be the Amber ones. They are a little darker than most companies Amber, IMO.  Customer service is ok at best though.

::) I guess your eyes arent worth the extra money

I have had maui jims, ray bans, and costas.  I really liked the Costas and the Maui Jims.  The Maui Jims were just exteremly heavy.  I have the Costa MP2s with the green mirror glass, and they are awesome.  Great for fishing and just general wear.