Sign in to follow this  
Jeff C.

Super Huge Worms !!!

Anywhere there are big bass, I use big worms. My favorite time is night fishing with 10" berkely power worms. I have caught more 7lb plus bass on these worms. I fish them Texas rigged in just about any structure, rocks, brush, drop offs....they are a lot of fun to fish.

I like using a bigger worm at night just because they move a lot of water and the fish seem to be able to locate them better.....and that goes for any bait I fish at night, not just worms.

Maybe 1 % of the time  ;)

Anywhere there are big bass, I use big worms. My favorite time is night fishing with 10" berkely power worms. I have caught more 7lb plus bass on these worms. I fish them Texas rigged in just about any structure, rocks, brush, drop offs....they are a lot of fun to fish.

I guide at night and I use 10" and 12 " worms in deep water. I use 5/0 to 7/0 off set worm hooks.Alot of people don't have the faith to throw big worms,but they flat out catch bass. It is more of a summer pattern.

Deep, stained, cloudy water or low light conditions or at night big worms are even more effective and can be fished Tx rig, Carolina rig and heavy swimbait style keel weighted hook for the most seductive fall style. Do I believe in'em, Ohhh Yeah. Can't leave home without 'em. My bigg'un is coming out in the Fall. Was a secret till the SKL boys found out about it, so what the heck, guess they are gonna show my big worm to everybody. Maybe I should've rephrased that!!!   ;D

Big O

www.ragetail.com

I fish big worms whenever I'm catching small 1-2lb fish and want to upgrade to 3lbs+.  i fish them on a 5/0 Gamakatsu EWG and usually w/ a 1/4oz. wieght.

I fish them very little. Seems I can do just as well or better with the 8 inchers and have proved it many times fishing with a partner that is throwing the larger worms.

I agree with other posters 10" Power Worm is a great summer time pattern especially at night. I have a lot of confidence in this presentation. Even the smaller fish will inhale it.