Sign in to follow this  
HesterIsGod

bass, EVERYWHERE

I read this the other day: If we flooded the great lakes completely it would cover all of America with an average of a 9 foot depth. That is deep enough to hold bass year round in most areas. So just think if we actually did that.

Obviously its not realistic but just imagine somehow we did. Just imagine how cool that would be for a little while for us fisherman. You could bass fish ANYWHERE in america. Just imagine for a second where you live and go each day, under water with bass now living there instead of you. Sure it would eventually suck cause you would have to live on a bass boat, but its just something i thought about this winter while the lakes are frozen. :-/

....First off I don't think it would cover all of America with a depth of 9 feet average, but let's say it did, it would be cool for i guess a few hours until you got hungry?  sorry im cranky, my memphis tigers are down.

Wouldn't it become salt water?  ::)

I read this the other day: If we flooded the great lakes completely it would cover all of America with an average of a 9 foot depth. That is deep enough to hold bass year round in most areas. So just think if we actually did that.

Obviously its not realistic but just imagine somehow we did. Just imagine how cool that would be for a little while for us fisherman. You could bass fish ANYWHERE in america. Just imagine for a second where you live and go each day, under water with bass now living there instead of you. Sure it would eventually suck cause you would have to live on a bass boat, but its just something i thought about this winter while the lakes are frozen. :-/

You definately need to get another hobby while the water is frozen over.

2 things.  I can't paddle that much anyways, and RedlineRobert would have to get a boat with a bigger engine.

Hester,

You need to get out of the house and go fishing.

You have too much time on your hands.

How about reorganizing your tackle; watching a few fishing videos; visiting some tackle shops; attending a seminar; reading a fishing book; and getting your boat's equipment cleaned and organized.

As for having 9 feet of water all over the USA, I would like to see the mathematics involved.

We could just flood Michigan, Ontario, and parts of New York and Pennsylvania to make one big lake. :D

Flood off Alaska and we can fish there, they aren't even attached to us anyway!  ;)

Hope I didn't tick off any Alaskans on this forum!  But I don't know of any though.

I think the whole "flooding America" thing would be fun until Muddy had to use a trolling motor to get to work everyday. ::)

2 things. I can't paddle that much anyways, and RedlineRobert would have to get a boat with a bigger engine.

400 hp?