Sign in to follow this  
Hookemdown.

Cajun1977  ???

How do you become an X member? Who puts the X member by your name? Just curious.

By deleting your own profile or getting banned.

I kind of liked him too even though I didn't know him personally.  He was another one of those no BS type of guys.  Just straight forward advice.

He was a no BS guy. No BS guys dont get tired of burley. Why? because he is a no BS guy himself.

So I'm guessing everybody else.

Bummer.

That sucks,i enjoyed reading his posts.

He got tired of the BS.

Yours or everybody elses? ;D

cajun1977: just got tired with the direction it was going

cajun1977: mostly some members, i really dont have a problem with anyone personally, but it just got to the point where every post was getting annoying with some of the responses, in hindsight i shoulda just took a break from the site instead of deleting my profile i guess

Straight from his mouth.

I've never understood the point behind removing oneself from a forum.

It's usually done to make a statement.  (although not the case with cajun1977 I believe)

Kind of a big middle finger to the staff.  

Most people just back off and don't frequent the board for a while.  When they come back, they are glad they didn't just wipe out the account altogether in the heat of the moment.

Most people just back off and don't frequent the board for a while. When they come back, they are glad they didn't just wipe out the account altogether in the heat of the moment.

Sometimes you just have to step away for a while.   I know I get tired of of the forums from time to time and even agrivated at times as well.  It's not that I don't like like the forums or wish it would change. It's just nice to step away and come back, kind of refreshes things a little.  

I have been visiting a few other forums lately mostly archery and I can tell you this board here is the most down to earth and the most helpfull board I have ever been to.  In my opinion all other forums out there should be taking notes  from this one.  

I don't know what is going on with the Avid and Cajun thing vs the mods or whatever else there up aginst but I know this and I hope they read it.   You guys have alot of freinds here,  and have alot that care about you and value your opinions.  Freindship is a rareity these days.  Who else will be there when you need them the most.  

Life is to short to be mad at each other.   You guys and yes the mods too have helped alot out during times of need and each other.  You guys come to the forums as strangers but became friends over time.  It's hard to just leave a friends behind.   I think both sides owe it to each other to walk away still as freinds.  I don't blame either side but think that both have been through to much to end it this way.  

Kind of a big middle finger to the staff.  

Why not have the boss change it so you can't delete a profile... then the joke is on the one trying to make "statements".  And the ones who would have regretted it can still return, once they cool off.

aww this sucks. i miss Cajun1977. he was a great man. he had very good character. he was very kind to everyone. he did a great thing for me. i wish he would come back. :-/