Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

car speakers

I am looking for some speakers  to replace the factory ones in my truck (06 Sierra 2dr).  I need a set of 6 1/2's (front) and and a set of 4x6's (rear).  They will currently be hooked to the factory head unit.

My budget is around $200 for front and rear together.  

Thanks

For the best reply to this, sign up at sounddomain and post in "Speakertalk, components, satellite...."  Those guys know where the deals are hiding.

(Be prepared though, the AmpMonkey lurks in the car audio domain,....you'll end up with another amp, head unit and dual subs..:) )

This guy came in asking if there was anything made to make the FM signal stronger on his factory head unit.

Echosub1.jpg

This poor guy came in the shop asking for directions!!  AmpMonkey met him in the parking lot for a little talk,lol

15464.jpg

That ridiculous get your self some focal utopias, two hertz mille 12'' subs   and zapco dc amps and a bunch of dyna mat.  Seriously so its just speakers not components ? check out this place and look for brands like -polk audio -focal -zapco -eclipse decks -alpine -jl audio -mb quartz -audison -morel -diamond audio -boston acoustics -clarion decks as in head units -phoenix gold amps - some pioneer stuff and rockford fosgate oh and also -cdt and dynaudio don't go for cheap stuff.

I personally really like the caraudio.com forums. They usually like to spend more money than SD though so beware  :P.

If I build another system I think I'll go back to my Kappa 6x9s and pick up some 6 1/2 Kappa components. That'd put you quite a ways over your budget though  :P

Its been a while since I've swapped any speakers, but you can never go wrong with alpine, clarion, or polk(sometime)