Sign in to follow this  
Hookemdown.

Public Service Anouncement

Listen up guys.  I don't normally expect you to listen to a 16 year old, but trust me and listen up.

The southern states are getting abundant rainfall right now, and there's flood warnings and watches everywhere.  Most people do not take these things as serious as a tornado warning.

I didn't either, until a friend of mine died when the Spring River flooded a few years ago.  He had plenty of time to leave, but he tried to save his truck and camper first.  Bad Idea.  He and another friend was stuck in a tree and my friend fell into the water and drowned.

IF THEY SAY GET OUT, THEN GET OUT.

That's all.

Good advice, whether you're 16 or 116. No need to take chances in dangerous weather.

Good advice Dude, I was offshore fishing on my buddy's boat years ago. The weather was not the best to begin with, scatterd showers, thunderstorms. A storm come up, my other freinds were right on the beach when the storm was coming up. We made the decision to stay out.  We were 18 miles out. The storm come up and passed between us and shore. My friend's 24 ft boat was tossed and turned like crazy. I tlooked just like the opeoning scene from Gilligan's Island. We did not get swamped, we must have had angels on our side or something, we were very lucky. I read on another forum, where the Coast Guard had to pull two boaters out of the ocean last Friday, when it was nasty. I learned my lesson form that experience. I will not even stay out on the lake if there is a hint of storms or wind.

Big T

Get to a safe place as soon as you're warned!  Great advice.

Earlier today, while I was checking the weather report for Guntersville (which was looking good), I decided to check the Lake Fork weather while I was at it.  WOW!  :o  Flood watch, flash flood warnings, high wind warnings, and a tornado watch!

It's 70 degrees at Guntersville as I write this.  8-)

Guest muddy
We got lots of wind, a little bit of rain, not that much. Thank's for the warning though!!! :) :)

;) 8-)

Hookem you gotta whole lot going for you as a 16 year old as compared to this guy ;D

This thing is starting to get worse.  Local rivers are already 10' above flood stage and it's not even half over yet.  Stay safe everybody.  I'll try to get some pics posted tomorrow.

Its been raining all day here, streets are rising in some areas. I hydroplaned a little on my way home a little while ago thats scary stuff right there. Be careful if you have to drive anywhere fellas that are in the storm.

On "Good Morning America" this morning, they said, each year more people are killed by floods than tornadoes.

Water is a very powerful force.

Falcon