Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

site performance

I am having some minor issues with the site in the morning.  None of the other mods are affected.

So I'm wondering if it is just me.  I haven't seen a mention of anyone else having trouble.

My issues are mainly page loading times and I have to wait up to a minute for a reply to be able to be posted.

Anyone else?

I noticed it yesterday, and a little this morning.

Falcon

Sometimes, yes.

Not just the morning either.  It either just speeds along or else it stumbles.

Sometimes, yes.

Not just the morning either. It either just speeds along or else it stumbles.

x2

Slowness at times also here. Whenever it happens, I notice in the lower left part of my browser it always shows something about "googlesyndication" as part of the website in the "Opening Page" info. What is this "googlesysdication" stuff all about almost everytime I go from one page to another?

I've noticed, in fact it's doing it right now here at work, when a post to a thread page comes up the post button doesn't say post right away, it says "wait".  Really weird.  I just noticed that happening the past few days.

Please provide the time(s) when this happens (EST) and what ads you are seeing on the page when this happens.

Please also note what you're seeing on the lower left of your browser as it hangs.  I'm wondering if it's always "googlesysdication" and if so, the same ad or different ones.

Glenn, here is a capture of the lower left portion of my screen.  My screen at work cannot see your entire page.  I don't really see any ads (they are up top outside of my view), but it hangs where almost nothing but the bottom of the thread is seen.

post-4073-130162958909_thumb.jpg

ya, it's most likely a problem at Google.  I'm just trying to figure out if it's one particular ad, or Google in general.

I had this problem about a month ago.  I remember seeing the google ad in the status bar.  It was never a problem that happened at the same time everyday.  

I always re-format my hard drive every 6 months or so, just to clear everything out.  After doing this, I have never had this problem again.  The site doesn't hang up at all.  Wierd.

That AllState ad is the devil.

Nah, it's just your everyday, run of the mill, scare tactic ad. I think it's all the steroids the Hulkster has taken that are slowing things down.

That AllState ad is the devil.

I agree with Burley, it's the "Flash" animation in the Allstate ad. My performance only lacks when that ad is running.

Ronnie