Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Anyone else here have Tennis Elbow?

I've got it my right elbow.  It doesn't make my elbow hurt as much as it does my hand.  And wouldn't you know it, holding a spinning rod/reel makes it flare up worse than just about anything.  

Anyone dealing with this malady?  What are you doing to cope with it?  

I have "golfer's" elbow in my left arm, but not from golf.  Mine is from

holding and locking my camera rig all these years. According to my chiropractor, "tennis" elbow is on the outside of the joint, "golfers" is on the inside.  He suggested a wrap that goes on the forearm and takes some of the stress off the elbow.  Supposedly they can be found at Wal Mart, though I haven't purchased or tried one yet. I also have pain in my left hand in the pad underneath my thumb.

I had the tennis elbow..

And yes,, get the band that goes below the elbow on your forearm

apx. 2-1/2 " wide or so and is ajustable in length with velcro.

it worked awsome for me..

I think walmart has um..

Micro, I have tennis elbow (left arm) and have been putting off the fusion surgery for a while now. I wear one of the bands pretty much 24-7 but I wear it almost in the bend of my arm, a little higher than most....it helps me better up high, closer to the elbow where the tendon attaches to the outside of your elbow bone.

Without the band, I'm in pain. I've been thru about 6 different bands and the one that works best for me is one I found at WalMart that is actually a knee strap. It has a hard foam insert sewn in and runs around my arm. The hard foam holds the muscle down from expanding, better than the regular bands with nothing in them. They are about $6 or $7 bucks, black in color.

I also get a cortisone shot about every 6 months which lasts a month or two, sometimes longer. I'd get them more often but the doc will only shoot you about every 6 months. The cortisone shot works wonders.....after the shot is over with (its a very painful shot), it feels like you had a brand new arm installed.

Wear the band, try a few different ones out and wear it all the time. Thats the only thing that helps other than surgery if you need it.

Guest muddy

MICRO: HEADS UP, get a diagnosis first!!!!!!! Please do your self a favor. I once hurt my knee and went to wal mart and got a type of

ace bandage, with a hole in it for the knee, it got worse instead of better. When I finally went to the doctor, turned out I had a sprained tendon and the ace i bought hindered the healing process instead of helping matters!

Micro,

I had tennis elbow in my right arm two years ago.  It hurt me most when I was flipping.  I fished my way through it but it sucked!  The only thing that helped was less fishing.

Less fishing is out of the question.   :D

I bought one of those bands at Walgreens.  It has a thick foam padded band that goes over the arm, and a strap with velcro that secures it.  One size fits all.  Well, that size doesn't fit me.  Now I have to take it back and get another band.  I might try that knee brace idea, 5Bass.   My forearms are pretty thick.

I'm pretty sure it's Tennis Elbow (lateral epicondylitis).  That ligament on the bottom outside of my upper arm gets irritated with when I flex my wrist a lot.  I use a mouse all day and that makes it flare up.  I have all the symptoms.  My dad and sisters had it.  My dad taught me an exercise to keep the inflammation down.  

I really want to get it under control so I don't have to see a doctor.  

I have a bad case of disc golf elbow.  I throw sidearm, and in a very unorthodox manner at that.  All of those years of crankin' discs with such a goofy release finally caught up.  

I can really feel it when I'm casting big bucktails for toothy critters, or deep cranks for bass.

I had the surgery to repair mine, it took me a couple of months to recover. I have been fine since then.

After 36 years of swinging a hammer I was suffering from tendonitus. I had the shots etc. and nothing lasted. Finally I went to a naturapathic Dr. and she said I had yeast in my elbow. A few drops in water three times a day and within two weeks no more pain. That was over four years ago and no more problems.

I had a mild case and wore a band for a couple of months.  The band takes the pressure off of that particular tendon,  allowing it to relax and heal.  Taking anti inflammatory drugs (Motrin) to help.  Mine felt fine while I was wearing he band.  One day we went out to dig post holes for a fence.  After digging holes that day, (I can't remember if I had the band on or off while digging) it has not hurt (not even a little) since then.  (it's been at least 5 years)  So,  grab a post hole digger and get to digging. :D