Sign in to follow this  
Perfect Hook Set

Digital photography - picture editing software

Picassa is pretty decent for a free download, I use it as well as Roxio which is not free but I really can't say it is better than Picassa.

I use GIMP for all my image editing.  It's free, open source, and can do most of the work Photoshop can and it's getting closer to doing it all with every release.  It's available at http://www.gimp.org/

There's also a newer program called Paint.NET; I haven't used it yet but I've heard it's great for quick edits but still pretty powerful.  You can get it at http://www.getpaint.net/

Paint.NET is smaller and native to Windows, so it may be easier to get around with at first, but GIMP is more powerful.  I'd try both and see which one suits you.  I've used Linux and the GIMP for years but the user interface of GIMP still makes me why some things are still the way they are after several major versions.   :-?

Gimp isd a great program.  It has a pretty big learning curve on its most advance features.