Sign in to follow this  
fish-fighting-illini

Farmall Tractors

I was born to age 30 in Rck Island Illinois. That is where they made the tractors and close bye made International Harvester combines

Kind of interesting video even though I'm not a you tube guy

Also home of the once mighty Rock Island lines for any train buffs

Yep that is all history now, we had one in Tarboro, NC also that went under. They built tractors also but they were best known for their tobacco equipment. They were Long Manufacturing. When they shut down so did the town.

That's all my dad's cousin uses. All antique Farmalls on the farm. He's got 2 that he uses for pullin. One's about a 54' Super W6 and the other is a much older F14 or 12? That one they put an V6 in.

I've had a Super M, 450 MTA gas, 560 diesel, 806 gas, and a 966 diesel, in my farming career, all sold running as good, as when I bought them. All JD now but some pretty good memories farmin "RED"

Allthough I bleed green, I liked the video and I hate seeing them tear down that factory.   If it was me and I owned it being the historical kind of person that I am I would turn it into a museum and learning center.  The people and that factory have had so much of a impact of our nations farming ithat it's a crime IMO to tear it down.   So much history gone.

I think they should turn it into a showcase for the reason why not to outsource.

-searoach

I'm not into the framing life style but pretty cool it brought back some fond memories for some of you.

The closings made a huge change in the economy of that area. I live 100 miles away but I still visit the parents there. Not only was Farmall there with several plants but so was Case co or Case IH, Lots of mergers and stuff I didn't keep up with even some Navistar thing I never undertood. John Deere, headquarters and multiple several plants are also located there. Only John Deere basicly remains. These co's had plants on both sides of the river, the other side being Davanport Iowa and Bettendorf etc plus multiple plants up and down stream.

The Rock Island lines was huge in its day. They had thousands of cars through there plus the main engine and car repair for the lines. That was about done by the time I was in my 20's

Its from the 50's but here is a link to a you tube of RI lines

Father-in-Law had a Farmall.

In fact, all of his tractors were Farmalls.

Brother-in-Law still using his old tractor from the 60s and 70s.  Runs good, too.